Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > QLD Locations

Condamine Gorge, Qld

<< < (2/3) > >>

WayneD:
My brother lives at Killarney and I was looking at the Condamine and wondering whether it is worth a fish or not next time I am visiting him. What is available in it? Cod, yellas, carp, bass?

Gordon they definitely haven't missed out on the water. My brother emailed me pics yesterday, water everywhere and the falls are running with red water from the red soil. School ovals flooded as is the polocrosse grounds.

Sweetwater:

--- Quote from: WayneD on December 28, 2010, 02:44:32 PM ---My brother lives at Killarney and I was looking at the Condamine and wondering whether it is worth a fish or not next time I am visiting him. What is available in it? Cod, yellas, carp, bass?

Gordon they definitely haven't missed out on the water. My brother emailed me pics yesterday, water everywhere and the falls are running with red water from the red soil. School ovals flooded as is the polocrosse grounds.

--- End quote ---

I really don't know Wayne, I've not fished it, just had a nose around the place, appreciating the natural envorins.

There are still some supposed to be some River Blackfish in the gorge & Spring Creek, locals call them Nicki long Cod, however these should be left alone.

I'm unaware of any fish stocking upstream of the weir in Killarney so there may not be many cod or yellowbelly up there. Being upland water (as upland as it gets in Qld), the water is pretty cool & mostly clear. Its more a stream than a river.

Someone released some rainbow trout in the 70s in the area & they held in there until the 90s drought apparently killed them off, there might well be a few still there, maybe the odd cod....

Give it a flick & let us know how you go.

Cheers,

fitzy..

Novice:
Some pictures from long Crossing , its the second crossing from Killarney end of the Condamine River Road. Only gave it a quick paddle and flick .

Novice:
Emu Creek is a tributary of the Condamine River . This picture was taken upstream of Emuvale on the Emu Creek Road.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Emuvale+Rd,+Tannymorel+Queensland+4372&hl=en&ll=-28.207268,152.314432&spn=0.013123,0.019205&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=53.513012,78.662109&vpsrc=6&geocode=FR17UP4d7jsTCQ&hnear=Emuvale+Rd,+Tannymorel+Queensland+4372&t=h&z=16

pills:
I did a drive up through there many years ago and took a rod and some lures along. I fished a couple of the holes along the way but with no result. Not to say there wouldn't be a cod or two up there as the some of the holes look deep enough to hold a couple of cod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version