Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Currently:
  • Lockyer Creek 5 1

General Category > QLD Locations

Lockyer Creek

(1/4) > >>

Novice:
These pictures are from the section below O'reilys Weir . Lockyer Creek is currently flowing quite well and clear .

Sweetwater:
Nice pics David. I pulled a bass from next to that log in the 2nd last pic a couple of days ago....

How many million tilapia are in that creek? I lost count after taking off my shoes.

fitz..

Novice:

--- Quote from: Fitzy on April 25, 2011, 04:00:32 PM ---Nice pics David. I pulled a bass from next to that log in the 2nd last pic a couple of days ago....

How many million tilapia are in that creek? I lost count after taking off my shoes.

fitz..

--- End quote ---

Once Bass closed season comes along , I think thats where I will go to learn some skills in catching Tilapia .

Did you happen to see the dead Tilapia floating out of the creek? Seen plenty of late . The birds of prey have been scarfing themselves on them.

I didn't get any Bass on that log , got rats around some of the others though.

Cheers,
Dave.

Sweetwater:

--- Quote from: Novice on April 25, 2011, 06:50:30 PM ---Once Bass closed season comes along , I think thats where I will go to learn some skills in catching Tilapia .

Did you happen to see the dead Tilapia floating out of the creek? Seen plenty of late . The birds of prey have been scarfing themselves on them.

Cheers,
Dave.

--- End quote ---

I recon we saw 20 odd Wedge-Tailed Eagles & Ospreys working the creek.

Went to the weir late this arvo, there must have been 20 people fishing in that hopeless fish ladder & hole under the weir. Saw alot of tilapia and banded grunter being caught, killed & tossed to the birds....

Small | Large

fitz..

aussiebasser:
I broke my rod just near that log in the second last photo, and Fitzy's anchor is solidly attached to something on the bottom near that log in the second last photo.  I don't like that log in the second last photo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version