Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Bad luck at Tinaroo  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 18
  • Liked: 11
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Diamond(JB)
Bad luck at Tinaroo
« on: October 25, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »
Hit tinaroo in the yak again today(actually started fishing around 3.30am). Conditions were not too bad and the barra were certainly active in the pre-dawn hour. Some massive booofs in the shallows got my attention but due to the total darkness it was very hard to terget these fish without hooking the vegetation the barra were feeding in. I decided a fizzer might help me by allowin me to shorten my cast a little and draw the barra away from the salad. It worked. Second cast drew a monstrous boof that failed to hookup and 3 casts after that a solid fish found the hooks a took off. Unfortunately it managed to shake free as I was trying to lead it to shore( I forgot the net-do'h). Got a good look at the fish and est around the 110cm mark. The light quickly grew after that and the fish activity stopped like someone flicked a switch. Conditions were still good but I think they had eaten their fill and were resting for a while. Around 7.30I started getting the odd ridiculously soft tap but none of the fish were serious. Almost as  if they were touching the plastic with their nose too see what it was. It didn't matter what I tried nothing worked. I have little doubt that had I been able to stay past 10 things would have changed in the arvo but alas it wasn't too be. Bring on thursday.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Liked: 1
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Monduran
Re: Bad luck at Tinaroo
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 07:21:44 PM »
What bad luck you are having .. Fishing for barra in a yak getting some good hook ups. I say you can send some of your bad luck my way.I  Would love a solid hook up right now