Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Severn River NSW  (Read 10185 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Pine Rivers
Severn River NSW
« on: May 24, 2013, 11:53:35 PM »
Hey guys, I'm planning a 'Coddessy' and was hoping for a little advice and maybe even a fishin buddy?

The plan is to do the Severn River Nature Reserve above Pindari Dam, NSW. The Reserve isn't open to public vehicles but according to a NSW Parks website I read it's open to walkers, so I was planning to park on the edge of the Reserve and walk the river, camping and fishing for 2 or 3 nights, sometime this June or July.

I was wondering if anyone had fished this section before and could give me some tips on rules/regulations, good start/end points, how the fishing might be at this time of year (cold), lure types/techniques etc. I can't seem to find too much written on the net about this place.

I'll be entirely self sufficient, backpacking all my gear/food. And yes I know there'll be some hard walking and cold nights. I'm very safety conscious - have an EPIRB, good 1st Aid kit and know how to use it.

My fishin buddy that usually comes with me on these sort of trips can't come... is anyone keen?? I'll go on my own though, either way.

Thanks,
-Steve.

Fish hard.