Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park Fishing & Lake Report 05/08/2015  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Burrinjuck Dam
  Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park Fishing & Lake Report 05/08/2015   

Current discharge: 465 ML per day.
Water level 05/08/15:    57.8 %   
Current inflow: 7715 ML per day. 
Water level 28/07/15:   53.7%
Water visibility:  up to 1.5 metres   
Rain past 7 days:  42 mm

Forecast Weather: looking ordinary midweek with wind and showers combined with tops of 8 degrees.  Temperatures between 2 & 12 degrees Celsius for the weekend with the wind easing to light. Slight chance of a shower on Sunday.
 New Moon = August 15th                  Full Moon = Aug 30th        Water Temperature:   10 deg

A shrunk down report this week. The weather once again kept most fisherman home by the fire. 29 mm of rain fell on Saturday night followed by wind and more rain on Sunday afternoon. I did manage to put the boat on the water on Sunday morning before the weather turned once again. I spent 3 hours casting hard bodies and spinner baits into the many inflowing creeks on the Bidgee arm. Wish I could say I cleaned up but, not a touch, still it was nice to see the water pouring into the dam. The water clarity was way down near the inflows and the water temps were down as low as 9 degrees C at times. I only received the one Cod report from Michael over the weekend. Fishing out of a kayak, Mick landed one small cod near the bluff on a spinner bait. John landed a 47cm Yellow Belly in the same area using worms as did Thomas, he landed a 45 cm yellow again on worms. Lachlan also managed a carp near the boat ramp while fishing with a piece of left over steak. I assume it wasn’t cooked. There were also a couple of descent redfin taken also on worms along the same stretch of water.
The water levels are rising nicely and the weather will have to improve over a weekend one day. There is only a few weeks until the closed season begins for Murray Cod. (1 September until 30 November) There have been a few big fish starting to bite over the last couple of weeks so keep an eye on the forecast and try and get a couple of days in this month.

Park News: You are now able to jump online and make a booking if you suddenly decide to come fishing on a Thursday night. www.inlandwaters.com.au navigate to Burrinjuck and click on Book now. Put in your dates and you will be able to see what is available.

The Greg Whitehead Memorial Fishing Challenge will be held at the park from the 21st to 23 rd of August. All profits from the weekend are being donated to the Cure Brain Cancer Foundation. Email:  gw.fishing2015@outlook.com with your details if you are interested in taking part. $15000 in prizes. You will also be able to register and pay on the day. The comp kicks off with an information session at 11.30am Friday. Fishing from 12pm Friday.

Dean Brind, Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park.