Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: noisy neighbours  (Read 7888 times)

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 236
  • Liked: 27
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Upper Clarence River above the Gorge
noisy neighbours
« on: November 21, 2010, 08:49:55 PM »
The wife and I arrived at Munduran camping area last Friday morning, paid for 4 days and got settled in. The fishing we were told was not really setting any records but we were happy to have a look around and treat it as a bit of a cruise. That afternoon THEY arrived. Three cars and boats full of young blokes obviously out for a blokes weekend away. No worried thinks I, they've got nice boats and cars they'll be in bed early to get on the water early next day. Unfortunately not so. The party began when they got back from the afternoon fishing just after dark and didn't stop until about 1.00am the next morning.
Laying in your bed in a place like Monduran where you think everyone has come to go fishing, only to find that you have had the Addams Family move in next door is not much fun. These cretins showed absolutely no respect for anyone else, as the sound of bottles and esky lids rattled away into the early AM. A few years back I would undoubtedly paid them a visit, but apparently it's not considered a good thing for 65 year olds to confront wankers on the sauce so I waited and managed a few hours of sleep.
As soon as the office opened up we went and asked for a refund on the rest of our stay.
The point of all this is that by all means have a great weekend with your mates and get stinking, fall down grab the grass drunk if you wish, but get a site away from people have come to fish. I sincerely hope that these clowns are not members of this site, but if they are, I think they should have a really good look at themselves, and find another site away from those of us who know how to behave.

fishing is not essential to life, it's much more important

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
Re: noisy neighbours
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:07:36 PM »
Not good Takrat.  :( It's a shame you had a bad experience there as its a noce place to fish / visit.

Twice now (among dozens of visits) I've been there only to find theres a gazzillion trail bike riders (some sort of comp / event) there. The noise of 2 strokes can oftem be heard up the lake if some property owner is cutting a tree up in the hills, but having several doezen of them going in between the tents, even at idle is very off putting.

A few times I've taken the swag up there & just pull up on the bank for a kip or roll it out on the ground next to the car when needed & then keep fishing though most of the night. Not permitted I know & probably a bit dangerous with those cattle everywhere, but it beats being among the yahoos.

fitz..

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 414
  • -Receive: 233
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: oh somewhere out near the border ranges ....
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 10:24:50 PM »

A few times I've taken the swag up there & just pull up on the bank for a kip or roll it out on the ground next to the car when needed & then keep fishing though most of the night. Not permitted I know & probably a bit dangerous with those cattle everywhere, but it beats being among the yahoos.

fitz..

Thats what they are made for Fitzy  :youbeauty

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 04:59:05 AM »
Such a shame Takrat. Unfortunately this is how our society is heading with no respect for authority and others.

I was there once in summer where you here a lot of boats heading to the boat ramp between 3.30am to 4.00am, many keen anglers up early to grab a chance at landing a metre plus fish. One morning some clowns partied till 2.00am in the morning. A group of anglers of about 5 or so got together just before leaving to head to the ramp early, armed with pots and pans, clanging and clunking them directly outside there tents until they came out and confronted the noise. Funny stuff, on the anglers return from the day on the water the clowns had pack up and left.

Dave

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 3
  • Liked: 2
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 05:37:05 AM »
Not good Takrat.  :( It's a shame you had a bad experience there as its a noce place to fish / visit.

Twice now (among dozens of visits) I've been there only to find theres a gazzillion trail bike riders (some sort of comp / event) there. The noise of 2 strokes can oftem be heard up the lake if some property owner is cutting a tree up in the hills, but having several doezen of them going in between the tents, even at idle is very off putting.

fitz..

Yeah the trailbikes... >:( >:(

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 06:05:23 AM »
Bad luck Takrat.

My father was up there last week, but in one of the houses. Fishing was crook anyway. He and his group can usually catch barra in a bath tub, only managed one or two each for the week.

I like staying in the houses coz you can tell who was on the sauce the night before by how high their boat launches on the way to the ramp coz they are to lazy to strap their boat down and still to drunk to remember to go slow over the speed bumps!

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 09:50:37 AM »
Thanks fella's for the support on my comments. I'm pretty sure those clowns would not be members of this site because they'd be too dumb to work out the words we use. I wonder if there's a way of talking with the management there about getting something done, I doubt it though. I had thought about hurling a bucket of water in each of the tents before I left but decided it was a bit childish. As you say Fitzy it's a great place, it just needs some sort of Richard Cranium filter. My next visit will be from Monday to Friday only. It's odd isn't it that some people do the most amazing thing away from home that they wouldn't dare do otherwise.
JD

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
The management should have sorted it on the night.

They need some lessons from Brian Dare - wo betide anyone who plays up in his park!  :walkplank

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »
Yeh Binder, you've got that right. Brian will not tolerate any of that rubbish. I reckon that those blokes should have been sent down to the paddock below the powered sites. Someone had a chainsaw going down there at 6.00am, they would have been right at home.
JD

Offline Member

• Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 08:54:51 PM »

They need some lessons from Brian Dare - wo betide anyone who plays up in his park!  :walkplank

If you know how to work Darey right you can do anything.... I recall one night that involved bottles of scotch & ouzo that involved spinnerbaits Vs a .22 with subsonics at guide posts in the park at some rediculous hour.  ;)  It was off peak season tho....  :-X

fitz..

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »
Hey Fitz, that sounds like fun, although Brian may have had a slight advantage there, like me he's ex Army and we always were proud of our culture.
JD

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 14
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 12:17:09 AM »
Yeh well i heard this story from a guy, its was actually a story that im sure bracey told a mate at the EMFM meet at borumba the other weekend. dont remember the whole story, but i believe the words were 'sorry mate didnt see you there' and had something to do with the side of a tent.

:P

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 9
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 05:40:34 AM »

Might be reading this wrong, but the management weren't aware until the morning, Rob and Kelly must have been in bed unaware of what was going on.

Have stayed at Mondy and other caravan parks and find in about on a par, if the management aren't told, there is not much they can do. Rob normally does a check around the 10 to 11pm time frame, and then to bed. They are a great couple and do everything they can, but idiots are idiots. Its a big Park spread over a large area.

The problem is the people (If you can call them that) causing the noise and disturbance.

To Takrat,

Sorry to hear of your bad night, but have been there myself with disturbances like that and complained to the management with some results.

Hope you get back to Mondy and enjoy the time without the problem.

Regards

Trev

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »
THanks Trev, I had no problems in the way the park is run in fact it's one of the best I've ever been in. When I went up to the office the next moring the nice young lady at the counter told me that if it ever happens again to call them regardless of the hour; they have a 24hour service there. I also rang when I got back and they'd had a chat with the fools involved who apologised and said they "didn't realise" Duh?
Anyway the balance of my stay was refunded without question and they told me that if it ever happened again to let them know straight away. So that's the deal chaps, if you have a problem, sort it out immediatley with the office. Unless of course you decide on a little payback, revenge ot both.
John

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events