Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: FISHAWOONGA Website Update - BLOG- New DVD's.  (Read 6689 times)

Offline Member

• Fishing Guide
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 93
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
FISHAWOONGA Website Update - BLOG- New DVD's.
« on: November 15, 2010, 09:54:27 PM »
I've been busy creating new material for 2010/11.  My latest 2 DVD's are basically now available on-line (printing this week) Discounted rates apply.
The addition of a BLOG on the site has allowed me to collectively expand and share personal experiences on various topics Australia wide. Click on the BLOG on the site for a sneak peak, there's about 10 categories so far- pics and all. Pick a topic- have a read. I'll grow the topic categories in time- this is just a starter.
Cheers
Johnny Mitchell
www.fishawoonga.com.au

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 82
  • Liked: 18
  • View Gallery
Re: FISHAWOONGA Website Update - BLOG- New DVD's.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:15:22 PM »
Well done Johnny the site looks great and I enjoyed reading part of the blog I'll get back to the rest of  it soon.

Hope all is well for ya.

Paul

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 19
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 12:07:57 AM »
Vast in scope, penetrating in depth, Mitchell's web site sets the bar on barra knowledge.
The barra community is fortunate in being able to share in this extraordinary body of work.

Offline Member

• Fishing Guide
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 93
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 10:25:15 AM »
Update-
My Spanish Mackerel DVD is now ready to go and is on sale through my website. Filmed in winter 2010 in CQ, the DVD is educational, based on sharing information on some of the varied ways to target the species. From spinning, live bait fishing, lure trolling, dead bait trolling and spear fishing, the film highlights some major pointers that can improve your catch rates. It covers filleting, cooking as well us underwater strike footage of spanish mackerel taking trolled baits. Fish in the 20-30 kg range are common in this film as well as a giant of around 100 lbs.

I hope those interested find it a useful tool to have in the library.

'Mastering the Mud Crab' DVD, filmed winter 2010, is also available and is another educational film, based on the Muddy. It covers biology, breeding, the shell shedding cycle, underwater footage of crabs in their estuarine homes, fighting as well as underwater footage of crabs navigating crab pots and walking in the funnels. Filmed in clear water, the movie has a lot to look at and absorb. It shares ways to improve your catch rate as well as a few cooking ideas. It's very interesting. A mud crab's mouth, when feeding underwater is an eye-popping spectacle. The DVD contains quite rare underwater footage of mud crabs doing, what mud crabs do.

I have put a lot of man hours into the making of these two films, so I hope you enjoy the results.

http://www.fishawoonga.com.au/books-dvds.htm

Regards,

Johnny Mitchell

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 10:44:20 AM »
I'm not sure if you DVD covers this Johnny, but my native friends in PNG tell me the best lure for Spainiards is an 8/0 hook with a condom on it.  Just about every hand line you see in PNG villages has a condom on the hook.  The anti AID's council hand them out to all the villagers, and the guys have found that they're pretty awesome on a hook rather that where they are normally worn.  They cut a few strips in them to give them more action.  I didn't see any coloured ones, but I got to thinking about glow-in-the-dark.............................

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 414
  • -Receive: 233
  • Liked: 27
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: oh somewhere out near the border ranges ....
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 12:27:16 PM »
I'm not sure if you DVD covers this Johnny, but my native friends in PNG tell me the best lure for Spainiards is an 8/0 hook with a condom on it.  Just about every hand line you see in PNG villages has a condom on the hook.  The anti AID's council hand them out to all the villagers, and the guys have found that they're pretty awesome on a hook rather that where they are normally worn.  They cut a few strips in them to give them more action.  I didn't see any coloured ones, but I got to thinking about glow-in-the-dark.............................

Talk about too much time on your hands !  :o