Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Bathurst Fishing in Winter  (Read 3825 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
  • Liked: 4
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Bathurst Fishing in Winter
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:02:31 PM »
Hi gents.

I've been bunkered down in Bathurst for a month, so it's nice to be out of the frost and home on the sunny GC.
I took the yak with me in the hope of doing some fishing, but to be honest it was pretty miserable for the most part.

It's trout closed season on the waters apart from the dam in the area, so the only skinny water fishing we did was further out west when we caught up with my mate's relatives in the hope of a cod. Couldn't find any of the target, but there were a few carp around, and we got quite a nice one which was good on the light gear!

So if you're in the area, take a sounder so you can find the redfin on the dam from what I can gather.
It's cold too, so take some thermals haha. The wind just flows into the dam at Ben Chifley from every direction on the days that I was there; and I couldn't handle it much more than an hour or two at a time!

I did hear from a few people that you can be rewarded at the right time of year if you go hiking into the valleys to find trout. Finding a local with a clue is your best bet, but the Blue Mountains certainly are a nice place for a trek!

Martain.