Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Rods n Reels

old daiwa fire wolf

(1/2) > >>

bushwacker:
was planning on paying maroon a visit tomorrow so my dad thought hed let me use one of his old rods a daiwa fire wolf 5'6" 8-10kg rod its a small package but feels great has anyone got one or know anyone who does ?

for its weight class its a pretty fine graphite blank

bushwacker:
should have mentioned my main rod is a boss pressicion 2-4kg spinner rig nothing flash

moodyfish:
yeah my dad has one too funny tht

Toddy:
I have a 6kg jobby that has the tip broken off it and I reckon its one of the nicest rods I have ever had.I caught some good barra,jacks and all sorts of other stuff on it.It was never quite the same after the tip was gone so it got retired.
I think it was the grip configuration that I really liked about the rod the most.

Toddy

Sweetwater:
I've got an old Firewolf 5"6 spin rod here somewhere. Think it was won as 1st prize at the first ever Hinze Dam comp which I fished with an old cricket / fishing buddy Git Pryde.
The tip is loose and the cork grip is a bit rotten, but it was an ok rod in its day. A bit if TLC & it will make a good kayak rod.

Pulled it out one day and ran a flyline through it when I left the long rod at home and it did an ok job at short range.

Cheers,

fitz..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version