Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Rods n Reels

old daiwa fire wolf

<< < (2/2)

bushwacker:
The tip on my old mans was a bit the same i think and ended up being broken off but he can build and repair rods so he just shortend it seems fine. its been locked away in a safe so it hasnt seen much sun.

cheers

Steve

Covertfly:
i have two and there in good condition, and i still get them out every now and then for use out of the yak. but they dont sit in the holder too well.

the ones i have are a 5"6' 4-8lb and a 5"7' 12-14lb, both baitcast models

Craig

bushwacker:

--- Quote from: Covertfly on September 28, 2010, 10:10:37 PM ---i have two and there in good condition, and i still get them out every now and then for use out of the yak. but they dont sit in the holder too well.

the ones i have are a 5"6' 4-8lb and a 5"7' 12-14lb, both baitcast models

Craig

--- End quote ---

could you fill me in with any pros and cons to watch for at all ? how do you find them to use ?
I dont think that many people are very fussed with them so it seems ????

Covertfly:
Bushwacker,

i find the smaller and lighter of the two i have easier to use as its not as stiff as the heavy longer one,

one thing i find is that the reel mount doesnt fit all over head/baitcaster reels,

short one handed operation pistol type grip reasonably easy on the hand, but doesnt allow it to be placed in a conventional
rod holder easily

hope this is what you were after bushwacker and they are only my opinion and as i said i only get them out every now and then.

craig

bushwacker:
might have a few things to concider for a new reel then thanks  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version