Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Rods n Reels

Another baitcaster

<< < (2/4) > >>

takrat:
Hey Bushy,
Syren's are a nice reel, small and light with enough drag pressure for bigger fish. Have a look at the Quantum Smoke too. They have about 6kg of drag and are smooth as silk. I bought one of the 100size with a smaller spool capacity for Bass, but they'll handle much bigger fish. The Curado is now made in Malaysia, but the Chronarch is still Japanese and roughly the same price as the old Curado used to be sub $300. If you get one of the old E200 Curado's you will have a great reel. Actually the Citica is pretty good too but under $200 and still has an alloy frame.
How's that for staying on topic?
JD

bushwacker:
 :youbeauty Well done hahaha!  8)

I might ask what they reckon about the Syren's ive not decided if i want a Syren, curado, chronarch or save for an alphas Daves is pretty sh!t hot i reckon

Earl:
+1 for the Quantum Smoke see the review below, I know the 150 model can be had for $220 in the US and $250 in Oz (finally we are becoming competitive).  I have a couple of the Curado 200E5 for impoundment barra fishing and they have been great, but the newer G series isn’t as good.  The Pflueger Patriarch (not the XT model) has been a great bass reel for $200 dollars, takes a little while to get the dual cast controls worked out, but once done cast like a rocket

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewquantumsmoke.html

That’s my 2 cents worth

bushwacker:
I did a oopsies today and eneded up comming home with a Chronarch 50E .... I was just going to pick up some gidgee lures i swear !!!!

StevenM:
Nice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version