Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: To Our Friends Qld  (Read 4676 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 24
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
To Our Friends Qld
« on: January 12, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »
G'day guys
I hope this post finds you all up there SAFE . It is heartbraking to sit back & watch this tragedy unfold on television & feel helpless to help our brothers & sisters in this time of need . My thoughts go out to all that are caught up in this disaster !! & for all of us that are not affected , we can help by getting behind the flood relief appeal  :youbeauty 
It was not that long ago when QLD & the rest of Australia were helping us out with our disasterous bushfires . Please get behind our brothers & sisters
Stay safe !!
cheers & best wishes AL & Family

Proud Member Of The F.F.F.C

I SUPPORT "WE FISH"

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 236
  • Liked: 27
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Upper Clarence River above the Gorge
Re: To Our Friends Qld
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:30:58 AM »
Good thoughts Al
JD

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
A note to say thanks for the dozens of calls and messages of support from & to some of our Sweetwater members.

I think it was touch & go for many members here from up the Brisbane, Lockyer & Fassifern Valleys. It has touched my family personally with my sisters house being totally gutted. A big thanks to those who have leapt in to help her & everyone in her street in Ipswich.

The Aussie spirit is alove & well with all fo the offers for assistance.  :thumbsup

fitz..

Offline Member

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 148
  • Liked: 14
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:46:16 PM »
Been watching all of this unfold, ironically enough wishing for a lazy 100mm to fall across the Ord catchment as our dam is as low as its been in over a decade.

The footage ('cept for the bald tossa in the pink shirt ;)) is quite dramatic, comparable with Trang Bang, Challenger, 9/11 and the Victoria fires.  It's interesting when you compare QLD with New Orleans, chalk and cheese and you have to wonder why and precipitated the differences?

The clean up is just as amazing as the flooding, from a long range perspective it looks like a well oiled machine, some glitches yes but a lot of good is being done.

That fella in the tug boat epitomises all that is good that has come from the disaster. A big lesson to be learnt from this one for the world, good to see Australia is a country that has the social capacity to delivery that lesson as well as it has to date.   

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 236
  • Liked: 27
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Upper Clarence River above the Gorge
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 01:17:37 PM »
Well said Dick, nice to see the Aussie spirit of mateship, that is too often maligned by trendy left wingers (wingers?) is alive and doing well in Queensland. It's hard not to compare what you see here with the chaos that was New Orleans, both from the point of view of Gov response and private citizen participation, but there you go. Lets hope we never loose that spirit. Sorry can't help with a spare 100ml, we used it all here and sent what was left to Vic.
Cheers,
John

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 06:47:30 AM »
Must truely be the Australian way.  Sign seen on light post in Ipswich.  Lost, 3 Goldfish, last seen Tuesday night.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 24
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 06:44:43 AM »
Dale ,
I reckon that's also another thing that makes us aussies unique !! the ability to find a bit of humor in the face of adversity !! I love it , but then theres the down side I suppose ,havin to deal with the scum of the earth (Looters)& arsewipes that try to profit out of tragedy  :-[   The next problem is insurance company's that duck & weave to avoid paying !!
It's ironic now we see flooding in the north & west of Vic but thankfully not to the extent of you guys up there . I dont think theres a dam here in Vic. that isn't full or near full & yet 6 mths ago there was hardly a dam in country Vic that had water in it !! Go figure ::)
Stay safe people & I hope the road to recovery is quicker than expected !!
Cheers AL