Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Sponsorship extremes.  (Read 21635 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
Sponsorship extremes.
« on: July 18, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »
I realise that TV programs need sponsorship to exist but I'm starting to think it's getting out of control.  If anyone watched iFish today, Paul was fishing in Exmouth WA, with a little tacker who really knew how to fish.  Why, I wonder, did they see the need to put a pair of very ill fitting Evinrude covers on a pair of obviously Honda outboards.  Evinrude don't make a cover big enough to fit a 225 Honda.

Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to.

Offline Member

• Hunter
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 10
  • Liked: 2
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Any dam
Re: Sponsorship extremes.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »
Im with you aussiebasser. Some of these tv shows annoy the hell out of me. Et's show annoys the hell out of me mentioning every 5 min about toyotas. Then creek to coast on sat arvo's they hammer the hell out of arb. Sure they are sponsors and need to advertise their products but not so much would be great. Its more a half hour of advertising these days.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 08:35:03 PM »
Saw the program Dale, first thing I noticed. I can't watch ET's shows for that reason now too. It's a shame but I'd rather watch some fishing shows on TV rather than none at all. We have a T Box and record shows we want to and fast forward the adverts.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
I don't have a problem with the shows having sponsorship, without it they wouldn't exist.  I do object to the masking of one product to make it look like another.  How stupid do they think fishos are?

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 06:06:28 AM »
I don't have a problem with the shows having sponsorship, without it they wouldn't exist.  I do object to the masking of one product to make it look like another.  How stupid do they think fishos are?

I refuse to answer that on the grounds it might make me look stupid!   ;D

Ooh, look, man using nice shiny lures on the box, catch fish, must have, where's my wallet........

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 3
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 08:21:18 AM »
It worked.Evinrude is being talked about. :)

Toddy

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 497
  • -Receive: 405
  • Liked: 22
  • Show me the Unicorn
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 01:11:04 PM »
It worked.Evinrude is being talked about. :)

Toddy

Too true Toddy

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Everywhere
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 01:38:44 PM »
Not hard to agree on that , most of these shows are hampered by the Tim Shaw type of advertising , or the host is a total jerk ,I switch them off before some clown comes out of the scrub offering a set of steak knives  .
On a positive , i don't mind sitting back and watching the lads from Hook line sinker , or say Robson Green , other than that , just go fishing .

Regards

Pete

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 414
  • -Receive: 233
  • Liked: 27
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: oh somewhere out near the border ranges ....
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 06:36:02 PM »
Robson green urks the hell out of me so does that "extreme fish angler biologist" w@nk

Ifish is a show i cant stand the only one i could because of cappo was Fishing WA and even then it had its moments when another show was on backup.

Steve

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 07:01:43 PM »
I like Robson Green.His clumsiness and his girliness cracks me up and regardless of that I think he genuinely just loves to fish.
The two blokes from Tassie crack me up as well.

Toddy

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 236
  • Liked: 27
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Upper Clarence River above the Gorge
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 07:57:27 PM »
I agree with Dale on this one, not just because I have a Honda either. Those covers looked like badly fitting berets. Having said that I kind of like Paul Worsteling style; he knows he's making a goose of himself but does he care? No. The two blokes from Tassie are a bloody hoot, and I will not watch another ET as long as by bum points to the ground.
JD

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 07:00:17 AM »
Robson Green recently visited New Britain and fished with a good mate of mine, both deep water offshore and for Black Bass in the Kulu River.  What you see on TV is what you get in real life.  He's a guy that absolutely loves his fishing and gets very, very excited when he catches a fish.  His casting ability is legendary in it's ineptness.  He spent a lot of time picking lures out of the Jungle.  He seemed very concerned when a local guide, Chris, donned goggles and dived for a fish stuck on a snag in "Crocodile Infested" waters.
I enjoy his show and although he can be painful at least he's genuine.
Paul from iFish is another who seems pretty genuine.  Without Tackle World, Evinrude and his other major sponsors we wouldn't have his show to watch, and that would make Aussie fishing shows pretty scarce on free to air TV.  The original ex-footy player was a legend and like him or hate him, he did a lot for rec fishing, yibbidy yibbada thank your mother for the rabbits, the current ex-footy player is showing how it's done when it comes to selling your yamaha or is it now evinrude name shimano at Big W every Humminbird used to be Lowrance opportunity.  You do get to see a bit of fishing though.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 09:46:52 AM »
Robson Green recently visited New Britain and fished with a good mate of mine, both deep water offshore and for Black Bass in the Kulu River.  What you see on TV is what you get in real life.  He's a guy that absolutely loves his fishing and gets very, very excited when he catches a fish.  His casting ability is legendary in it's ineptness.  He spent a lot of time picking lures out of the Jungle.  He seemed very concerned when a local guide, Chris, donned goggles and dived for a fish stuck on a snag in "Crocodile Infested" waters.
I enjoy his show and although he can be painful at least he's genuine.
Paul from iFish is another who seems pretty genuine.  Without Tackle World, Evinrude and his other major sponsors we wouldn't have his show to watch, and that would make Aussie fishing shows pretty scarce on free to air TV.  The original ex-footy player was a legend and like him or hate him, he did a lot for rec fishing, yibbidy yibbada thank your mother for the rabbits, the current ex-footy player is showing how it's done when it comes to selling your yamaha or is it now evinrude name shimano at Big W every Humminbird used to be Lowrance opportunity.  You do get to see a bit of fishing though.

I look foward to the episode of him catching a bass over there.Now that will be funny.The tarpon episode I saw the other day in Cuba was piss funny as well.

Toddy

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Everywhere
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 12:12:43 PM »
The episode that you speak of with Black Bass was on last  weekend , was a good laugh , good solid hook up and into the snags it went , break out lure retriever , man with goggles   over the side he went ,  came up with not only the lure but fish still attached  , need a good lure/fish retriever just like it   8)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 12:41:08 PM »
The episode that you speak of with Black Bass was on last  weekend , was a good laugh , good solid hook up and into the snags it went , break out lure retriever , man with goggles   over the side he went ,  came up with not only the lure but fish still attached  , need a good lure/fish retriever just like it   8)

Oh...BUGGER!

Toddy

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events