Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Bass Pro USA  (Read 3927 times)

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 236
  • Liked: 27
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Upper Clarence River above the Gorge
Bass Pro USA
« on: March 10, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »
G'Day crew,
I just got back from 3 weeks in Mexico and the USA, and amde damn sure I visited one of the Bass Pro Stores. The one I went to is in a suburb of Phoenix Arizona and is like a Disney World for Fishers and hunters. As you walk in the front door there's a sign over it that says "Welcome hunters, fishermen and other liars." Once inside you are confronted with an over abundance of choices of where to wander glassy eyed first. There is a big tank filled with Large Mouth and Small Mouth Bass, Walleye, Carp, Tilapia and massive Catfish. As you cross a bridge over a stream fed by a waterfall you look down and see Trout and Salmon swimming freely. There are clothing departments, as well as archery, footwear, firearms (including ranks of handguns) and of course fishing gear. We arrived at about 10.00am and had to drag ourselves away at 4.00pm.
We came out laden with gear; A new Quantum Smoke reel, some braid, lures (Jitterbugs @$6.95) Columbia shirts $50 and a pair of river shoes the liike of which I have never seen before. There is also a choice of at least 5 places to eat; Tilapia is on the menu too. And everyone on staff is at pains to ensure you enjoy the experience.
If you ever go to the US make sure you allow time to visit one of these stores. I have on good authority that your testosterone level rises ever so slighly as you walk in the door. This is helped along by being confronted by an array of Bass boats and quad bikes, all at pretty good prices.
Cheers,
John

fishing is not essential to life, it's much more important