Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Finally!!!  (Read 12070 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 29
  • Liked: 4
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Re: Finally!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 08:57:11 PM »
Thanks again  Everybody!! :yourock

John:  Not sure I wont be happy to just keep it somewhat dry inside the canoe I guess finding the best way to do that is up to me  ;D  Those people in the video clearly have something I dont (talent/balance) hahahaha but I am keen to give the heeled paddling style a go and will endeavour to post some photos of the results.  The windy part of the video was very accurate as that was exactly the conditions I faced the day I went out!!

Brad:  Took your advice and did some dry paddling with some pine and something around the 6.5 ft mark is going to be the go.  Thanks again for that it certainly took some of the guess work out of it for me.

So if the wind is down tomorrow morning (Sunday)  I will be off to master this art and begin work on adding some creature comforts and storage options to the canoe!!

Thanks again everyone I certainly appreciate it!!

Regards
Colin

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 22
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
Re: Finally!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 09:09:46 PM »
I am keen to give the heeled paddling style a go and will endeavour to post some photos
A video might be more entertaining (for us anyways) I firmly believe that anyone that paddles a kayak/canoe is silly NOT to tip it over in various controlled conditions. Warm, clean water, if possible, no fishing gear to worry about. Most people would fall out/off their boat because they "thought" they were going to! Secondary stability is a wonderful thing IF you know its there and what to do with it.
If you actually learn when these things are about to happen you will know what you can and cannot do about it. While you're in the water you get the opportunity to figure out what you can do about that.
 It scares the hell out of me that so many people buy a yak fill it with gear and head offshore :walkplank
I know you'll probly spend most of your time in creeks, rivers and possibly lakes. Things can go pear shaped anywhere, anytime. Being armed with the knowledge of what to do about it is the least we should be doing.
Cheers John.