Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Harpeng Road Access Log  (Read 49516 times)

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 69
  • Liked: 29
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Re: Harpeng Road Access Log
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2013, 06:21:43 PM »
Went to take a look at what's going on at Hollywood. The 2nd illegal fence has had new barbed wire put on and some posts replaced. Has had a front end loader or tractor down on the road reserve pushing some dirt around.
Yeah he had the posts in Thursday morning when we pulled out at lunchtime it was strung up with fresh wire .. >:(
Brad

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 144
  • Liked: 28
  • View Gallery
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2013, 06:50:55 AM »
This problem could be easily fixed to suit both by putting in another gate.

Dino

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 420
  • -Receive: 1212
  • Liked: 104
  • Sweetwater Fishing Larrikan
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Lake Wivenhoe, where else
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2013, 07:08:53 AM »
This problem could be easily fixed to suit both by putting in another gate.

Dino
No, then we wouldn't know where the boundary line was and we could inadvertantly go onto his property and he would be very very quick to bring out the trespassing laws.  This man is simply evil, he has tried to acquire public land for his own use and got knocked back.  He has tried to fence off public land and a public road and was told to remove the fence.  He refused.  He has accused us of poisoning fish and dumping them in his pump hole, he has accused us of littering, he has filmed people and their children swimming in a public part of the river, his wife has exposed things to fishermen that should never be shown.  He has put notes on fishermen's windscreens trying to scare them off.  If I am the only one in regular contact with Deb Frecklington about these issues she just think I'm a whiner.  Please, everybody who uses the area, contact the Nanago office and voice your concerns. 
Email nanango@parliament.qld.gov.au  to the attention of Deb Frecklington.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2013, 08:46:37 AM »
How can you go through a gate in a fence thats not legal and be on someones property, thats rubbish. He cant stop you going across land thats not his. He gets to do what he wants to do and we get to do what we want to do, much better than trying to scramble up a muddy bank. I would prefer the fence gone but you know its not going to happen.

Dino

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »
I would prefer the fence gone but you know its not going to happen.

Dino

If you don't email and phone Deb & the Ipswich office of DNRM it won't.....

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2013, 09:34:15 AM »
How can you go through a gate in a fence thats not legal and be on someones property, thats rubbish. He cant stop you going across land thats not his. He gets to do what he wants to do and we get to do what we want to do, much better than trying to scramble up a muddy bank. I would prefer the fence gone but you know its not going to happen.

Dino

It is not rubbish!  The fence on your left as you go towards the water is in the wrong place.  Go through it and you may still be on the road reserve, go too far and you are trespassing.  There is no line on the ground to tell you where to stop.  If the fence was in the correct spot you wouldn't need a gate in it!  Whinging on here will do nothing, write to the local member Deb Frecklington.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2013, 11:49:10 AM »
Who is whinging, I am only suggesting an easy fix to the problem. If the farmers boundary is at the high water mark I fail to see a problem. I sent an email last time and will again and I dont need you telling me what to do.

Dino

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2013, 12:19:55 PM »
The "high water mark" is back on the Brisbane Valley Highway. 

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2013, 12:22:10 PM »
Thanks Dale I thought I was right.
We need compromise.

Dino

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 180
  • -Receive: 470
  • Liked: 8
  • All Waters Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: The Brisbane River
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2013, 01:31:33 PM »
Just made a few calls bottom line is it is a road and it is the responsibility of the local council. Who do you communicate with at the council in regards to this Dale ?
Oh dear just realized we are back where we started ..............................

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 26
  • Liked: 2
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Brisbane River
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2013, 02:46:42 PM »
Email sent. Let's get proper access back. Thanks for the info on who to contact.  :thumbsup

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2013, 03:21:42 PM »
We are back to what we had after we won last time. Problem now is getting out of the water safely. We need to place a few logs in the water or put something there so its not so slippery or muddy. Or hope it goes down another foot or so. Thats why I said another gate would be OK as I cant see the farmer pulling down the fence.

Dino

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 26
  • Liked: 2
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Brisbane River
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2013, 03:33:58 PM »
We are back to what we had after we won last time. Problem now is getting out of the water safely. We need to place a few logs in the water or put something there so its not so slippery or muddy. Or hope it goes down another foot or so. Thats why I said another gate would be OK as I cant see the farmer pulling down the fence.

Dino

In this situation a compromise may be a good solution. I would be concerned with the long term effects of that though. I just got a reply from emailing Deb, and it basically says i wouldn't know if it was legal or not unless I was aware of the owners surveyed boundary lines. It also says they are aware of the situation and looking into it. It is a safety issue. Maybe if the fence "accidentally" fell over one day.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »
The fence with the gate is a Council issue.  Unfortunately they have not done their job and allowed the adjacent landholder to leave the fence there if he put a gate in it.  The smart arise put the gate in the wrong spot so you can't get a vehicle through it.  The fence on your left as you go down is not a council issue, it is state government.  They won't do anything, maybe because the landholder is a voter in her area and we are not.  We need Novice to get onto her as he is a constituent of hers.  I've spoken to everyone from the Mayor down at Somerset Council but they do not seem too concerned about recreational anglers.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 07:01:03 AM »
After much toing and froing over the last week I've come to a conclusion.  The Council and the State Member seem to be happy to bat complaints backwards and forwards.  I actually received an email from a local Councillor telling me it was a State Government issue and I received an email from the local State Member saying it was a Council issue.  The adjacent land owner is complaining to Council, and they are taking action, on a State Government controlled issue, and yet they won't take action about our complaints.  It does sem that the archaic Somerset Regional Council put the concerns of a law breaking, rule ignoring, river polluting rate payer voer the concerns of local volunteers who pitch in to help when there are issues the Council cannot handle.  During the fish kill of Catfish last year, where this slimy individual reported fishos for dumping dead catfish into his polluted pump hole, there was only one boat on the water cleaning up the thousands of dead fish from Lowood to the Wivenhoe Wall for two days.  That boat was mine.  Because I have been denied the traditional access at Harpeng Road I had to launch through two private properties to clean up what should have been a State Government issue.  I have received absolutely zero acknowledgement, or recompense for personal expenses from either Sean Choat or Deb Frecklington, the State Members for the areas cleaned up.  But they're happy to let the perverted farmer ignore the refusal for him to take posession of the road reserve and continue to put up his fences, cut down the trees and allow his cattle to f@#k OUR river.  This fight is far from over!