Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Back to fishing after too many years  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • Liked: 2
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Back to fishing after too many years
« on: September 15, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »
Been talked into some kayaking/camping/fishing after too many years working too hard and not allowing enough time to relax and finding it hard to slow down but I'll keep at it for a while.

Went out to Cooby Dam with my son for the first fishing trip with him since he was probably 10 and he's 18 now so missed a lot of years trying to get on top of bills but decided the bills will keep on coming so might as well go fishing.

Only fishing on blood worms from the bank on the eastern side due to the windy conditions blowing from the west and no luck but just before dark headed over to the jetty in front of the sailing club and he nearly landed a decent fish straight away.

Unfortunately his drag was set too light (by me) and the fish went to ground and got off but he enjoyed the experience anyway.

We will be back to Cooby soon with our kayaks and head out past the weeds and try our luck.

What do you all use at Cooby regarding bait or lures and are any spots better than others?

BTW the dam is chockers with the water lapping the bitumen road above the boat ramp.

See you out there.

Greg