Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > General Discussion

Reminder – new life jacket stowage rules for boaties

(1/3) > >>

Bracey:
I don't recall this being mentioned recently, so I thought I'd remind everyone boating on Qld waters about new regulations regarding signage for life jacket stowage.

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/About-us/N...t-stowage.aspx

I called into Qld Transport this arvo to get the good oil and spent some time trying to find commercially manufactured stickers for signage as many chandlery shops and tackle shops don't stock them yet.

I did find that BCF Maroochydore stock them in three sizes.

Cheers Dave

johnv:
Best way to stow a lifejacket is to have it wrapped around ya. Save lotsa stress looking for stickers that tells you where it is.
Cheers John.

Bracey:
Yep good point John, however if you were fishing in North Queensland on smooth waters in 38 deg heat with 90% humidity, a life jacket would be the last thing I'd want wrapped around me, trying to fish all day.

BR65:
Thanks Dave, I hear that the "educate rather than prosecute" period is nearly over

Sweetwater:
I visit ALOT of marine chandlery stores but  virtually none have stickers available (contrarty to MSQ'd statement), managed to get one from a tackle store, go figure.... The stickers don't stay on carpet for long, was gone when I got to the lake. So to tick the boxes I simply threw the required number of PFDs on the floor of the boat so that they were visible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version