Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Fossicking and Prospecting

Recent exploration

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sweetwater:
A 4x4 is not always a requirement in good conditions, but definately a life saver if it starts raining. Without a doubt a vehicle with good clearance is a must.

Have found a couple more sites since.... after alot of research.

bondy99:
Hi Sweetwater,

I'm sure a lot of time involved in researching would be required. When I was involved with Landcare in Darling Downs area, I frequented a few properties spraying lantana and prickly pear.

Some of the places had remnants of former settlements where train lines used to be. One property had the line running through it, then I discovered a large tunnel up in the Great Diving Range where the line and early steam train used to run.

Still had the old butcher shop and general store , old style petrol pump.

Had a 4WD Ute back then.

Cheers, Bondy

Sweetwater:

--- Quote from: bondy99 on June 14, 2014, 11:52:57 AM ---Hi Sweetwater,

I'm sure a lot of time involved in researching would be required. When I was involved with Landcare in Darling Downs area, I frequented a few properties spraying lantana and prickly pear.

Some of the places had remnants of former settlements where train lines used to be. One property had the line running through it, then I discovered a large tunnel up in the Great Diving Range where the line and early steam train used to run.

Still had the old butcher shop and general store , old style petrol pump.

Had a 4WD Ute back then.

Cheers, Bondy

--- End quote ---

Bondy those are the sorts of places we go chasing. Just to track the history and to piece together a larger & often forgotten puzzle.

Cheers,

fitzy..

bondy99:
G'day Fitzy,

It is interesting that's for sure. I'd like to find more of those places, provides a history to the area and reflects life back then.

If I had a 4WD with endless fuel supply I'd be travelling all over the State to document these findings as well as obtaining information from generational families to shed light.

Cheers, Bondy

Pinhead:
We have been doing some exploring around here a lot Fitzy. Now trying to find the old gold and copper fields in the Boyne valley area.. Most are on private properties so have to find out who owns them and get permission for access. Done some great drives through the National Parks in this region. The old Monto to Gladstone rail line is now overgrown and falling apart but got some great pics of it..I plan on getting a bit fitter and walking a lot of it..especially the tunnels sections.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version