Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > Polls

Prefered Species for restocking at Lake Somerset

<< < (6/6)

aussiebasser:
That would require a motion to be passed at a SWFSA meeting to overturn the current motion of not spending SIP funds on Mary River Cod.  Personally (and this is my personal opinion which may won't agree with) I would see it as misuse of SIP funds.  I doubt that we'd be able to buy Mary River Cod and Saratoga fingerlings at about 25 cents each.  Bass and Golden Perch give the Stocking group more bang for the buck and they give anglers more fish on the table from what is supposed to be a put and take fishery.  Get Mary River Cod off the Endangered/Threatened list, raise the bag limit to 5, drop the fingerling price to 25 cents and then I'd be all for them being dropped into the SIP lakes.

Jim_Tait:
Sounds like this survey needs to be redone on a representative sample of SIP licence purchasers then (job for SWFSA) - to see if we (SIP licence purchasers) actually do think cod and toga are a 'waste' of SIP funds.. considering how many SIP licence purchasers fish for sport instead of meat - and that the 'meat' options will still be there (bass, goldens - even the current bag on cod/togas) - it could be an interesting result.... :popcorn)

UBK:
MORE FORKIES!!!!!

aussiebasser:

--- Quote from: Jim_Tait on September 19, 2013, 09:39:35 PM ---Sounds like this survey needs to be redone on a representative sample of SIP licence purchasers then (job for SWFSA) - to see if we (SIP licence purchasers) actually do think cod and toga are a 'waste' of SIP funds.. considering how many SIP licence purchasers fish for sport instead of meat - and that the 'meat' options will still be there (bass, goldens - even the current bag on cod/togas) - it could be an interesting result.... :popcorn)

--- End quote ---
When you have a volunteer group of about 12 people who provide a fishery for thousands and that group continually begs for more representation from anglers, and they receive none, I think the anglers should get what the committee votes for, and currently the fish for a feed guys pretty much outnumber the catch and release guys on the committee.  If people want change, perhaps they could stick their hand up and volunteer to get involved and help a little instead of sitting back and bitching about what is and isn't available for them to catch.  There are hundreds of guys trying to make themselves into legends by fishing ABT comps, wanna guess how many of them are involved in the Somerset and Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Association Committee?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version