Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Lure Lunatics > Lure Making

Searching for an economical glue

(1/4) > >>

Freshwater Newby77:
Gidday all.I'm halfway thru making my first pair of minnows.
I have just glued in the hook hangars and tow points.
I got to the bibs and barely had enough left in the 3ml super glue to secure them
At about $5 a tube,there's got to be a more economical option out there.
Any info would be great guys.I know I can avoid most of it by a one wire thru the centre of the lure setup,but being my first attempt I thought I'd go with the basic option.

Dodge:
Mate Super Strength Araldite will do the job OK, and just  mix enough to do each batch of lures and let it cure overnight

Nativeman:

--- Quote from: Dodge on June 05, 2014, 08:56:41 PM ---Mate Super Strength Araldite will do the job OK, and just  mix enough to do each batch of lures and let it cure overnight

--- End quote ---

Yep agree, might seem dear in the first place, but mix the glue to match what you need carefully the amount you purchase will last for ever and this really is the best glue to use.

Brad H:
Only use 24hr Araldite type glues for lures, the supa glues don't have enough viscosity to stay in bond with metals, they will wick away in the timber grain. Supaglue will also discolour the poly carbonate used in bib materials.

If you must persist with supaglue, get down to the $2 shops, most will have supaglue for $3 a card of 6.

Brad

beetleyak:
+1 for the 24hr araldite. I've been making lures for a few years now, including laminated bodies that have internal weights and rattles. Super Strength Araldite has never let me down. Takes overnight to cure, but the best stuff to use for any lure making process.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version