Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Lure Lunatics > Lure Making

Searching for an economical glue

<< < (2/4) > >>

Freshwater Newby77:
Its unanimous! Super Strength 24 hr Araldite.I'll definitely be grabbing this stuff next time.
Many thanks to all of my more learned peers.
Much appreciated gents.
Marty.

bushwacker:
No no ... not set in stone with 24hr dite..

what allot of people fail to realize is araldite is an epoxy and epoxies by nature are a filler not an adhesive...

Think about it.....

Your not totally off the mark with super glue for polycarb bibs.

Brad that all depends on how you go about it  ::)

beetleyak:
So Bushwacker, what other 'adhesive' would you suggest? I'm always up for other options.

Brad H:
Araldite is used to join together the two sections of carbon fiber which make up the monocoque of the Lamborghini Aventador.

Sydney Opera House, Araldite was used to bond the rib sections of the shells

Highmark Manufacturing uses Araldite in the manufacture of advanced ballistic protection body armour.

I think using it to glue a lure together is pretty uncomplicated when you look at it.

And Steve, by the true meaning of "epoxy" it is 2 resins combined to cure chemically. It is the additives that can make it an adhesive or a filler.
I have used for years some base epoxy resin for building boats, I use it to seal timber, mix in one powder additive, and it glues, mix another and it is a gap filling hard filler, add another and it is a soft fairing filler.

StevenM:
Think Steve uses Loctite 416 or 435??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version