Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)
Currently:
  • Ewen Maddock Fish Stockers Challenge 5 1

Linked Events

• Ewen Maddock Fish Stockers Challenge: February 23, 2013

Author Topic: Ewen Maddock Fish Stockers Challenge  (Read 6761 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Ewen Maddock Fish Stockers Challenge
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:41:23 AM »
Ewen Maddock Fish Stockers Challenge

23rd February 2013

Catch – Measure – Photograph – Release

Fishing Competition Prizes

Total Length of 2 x Bass - $250 Prize Pack from TT Lures & Z-Man Australia + 1 x Sun2Sea UV Protection Fish Culture Shirt.

Total Length of 1 x Golden Perch - Fibreglass Kayak Paddle from Rosco Canoes & Kayaks + 1 x Sun2Sea UV Protection Fish Culture Shirt.

Total Length of 1 x Saratoga - Ice Box from Tropical Ice Boxes + 1 x Sun2Sea UV Protection Fish Culture Shirt.

Total Length of 1 x Silver Perch - K-Rack Kayak loader from K-Rack + 1 x Sun2Sea UV Protection Fish Culture Shirt.

Major Random Prize Draw

1 x Fish Bandit Kayak inc. seat & paddle from Extreme Kayaks valued at $950 + More fantastic random prize draws from Tropical Ice Boxes, Roman Camping, Bass Action & Lively Lures

Contact EMFMI via email at president@ewenmaddock.com.au for entry forms, rules & regulations. Entry forms & a $50 entry fee for the event must be received 5 days prior to the competition date; a maximum of 50 anglers are permitted to compete with a first in, first served basis.
For inquires – Please phone President, Dave Brace on 0419 143 413
_________________________________________________ _____________________
http://www.ewenmaddock.com.au

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1294
  • Liked: 88
  • Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
Re: Ewen Maddock Fish Stockers Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:16:33 AM »
23 February 2013

Dave - Event now posted on the Calendar & linked to this topic  :tick

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:41:25 PM »
Thank you very much Fitzy!  :thanks

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:33:54 PM »
With the comp. fast approaching and quite a few members of Sweetwater entering the event, I thought it would be fitting to let you all know how well the lake is fishing still after the flooding rain we have just received.

Before the floods, Ewen Maddock was fishing unbelievably well, it would no doubt be the best Australian Bass and Golden Perch fishing I have ever experienced. In some sessions all fish were measuring close to the 50cm and over. Some were unstoppable, which lead to a lot of lure loss. At times we were getting double hook ups and counting down to when our lures were to be smacked when passing through the strike zone.

Last weekend I witnessed EMD rise over 40% in a short 36 hour period. My target species was the resident Saratoga. I collectively caught many Australian Bass in the 3 hour session, however I was to prove that Saratoga are just as possible to catch with such a huge rise in water levels and a massive drop in the water temperature. As I'm a surface strike addict, my lure of choice was Pontoon 21's Loco Perrito 65. Unfortunately I wasn't good enough to keep connected to this one particular unsuspecting Toga, however the lure sure did attract it's attention.

Here is a short video and some photos to keep you interested.

Small | Large

I wish everyone the best of luck in the event.

Cheers Dave

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 10:39:51 AM »
I'd like to inform you all that Ewen Maddock Fish Management Inc. have secured 50 entrants for the Ewen Maddock Fish Stockers Challenge to be held next Saturday. I'd personally like to thank you for your support, congraulate the successful entrants and wish them well for the day. We are all looking forward to day and hope that everyone is too.

While the action on water will be heated starting from an air horn start at 6:30am after a briefing to the successful entrants, for interested onlookers there will be as much action happening onshore. From 9:00am there will be displays and exhibitions from a range of organisations and the events sponsors. Presentations from various angling companies, ongoing raffles and casting competitions for the kids and adults alike will also be on the agenda throughout the day. There will also be a BBQ running with tea and coffee served for a small fee during the entire day which concludes at 3:00pm.

For those who are competing on the day, PLEASE read the rules of the event very carefully which you all should have, so that you are well informed what is needed of you on the day to compete.

Kind regards

Dave

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: anywherey
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 09:25:09 AM »
Looking forward to meeting people who can catch fish and to just have a yarn.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 04:05:33 AM »
G'day everyone and thanks for your interest in the Ewen Maddock Fish Stockers Challenge.

There have been many sleepless nights leading up to the comp. mainly due to this inclement weather from EMFMI members who have put 100% effort in making this event possible.

With the inconvenience of limited car parking, we will be providing car parking below of the Maddock Park car park. Due to the rain, this area has been saturated and we'd appreciate your utmost co-operation in listening to the ushers on the day so that no damage is done to this surface. It is SEQ Water that also owns this land, who have given us permission to use this area for parking and we all want to be invited back next year, as well as EMFMI not wanting to incur a cost to rectify the area if damaged. You will be ushered up to Maddock Park to unload your kayaks in readiness for the event and asked to park in the designated area. A member of EMFMI will be on hand to look after your kayak on the foreshore while you park. SEQ Water stipulates that the Maddock Park car park is not to be used for the event other than a drop off zone.

Please read carefully the rules of the event prior to competition day, this will give you the necessary and relevant information needed to compete, especially regarding PFD's and emptying your memory card on your camera for example. It may also be a good idea to bring along your camera's downloading and uploading cord in case your camera's SD Card isn't compatible with our computers, this way we'll be able to extract your images of your catches via a USB port from your camera.

While the action on water will be heated, for interested onlookers there will be as much action happening onshore. From 9:00am there will be displays and exhibitions from range of organisations and the events sponsors. Presentations from various angling companies and individuals, ongoing raffles and casting competitions for the kids and adults alike will also be on the agenda throughout the day. There will also be a BBQ running with tea and coffee served at a small cost during the entire day which concludes at 3:00pm.

See you on Saturday!

Cheers Dave