Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > General Discussion

Why do it?

(1/7) > >>

Gerard:
Why do people name specific places? I know finding a good spot is hard enough and it is nice to help people (in person). But if you do the hard yards anyone can find places to fish, but then you jump on here and people just give out detailed directions on the net.. I personally recon people get big heads by saying I did this and I do that. I love reading posts and seeing good pictures but let’s keep away from naming places.

Gerard.

takrat:
Naming specific estuaries and creeks is OK but handing out waypoints is probably a bit over the top. You ought to have a look at the Ausbass site; they specifically warn against putting up locations.
JD

StevenM:

--- Quote from: Gerard on December 22, 2011, 03:17:02 PM ---Why do people name specific places? I know finding a good spot is hard enough and it is nice to help people (in person). But if you do the hard yards anyone can find places to fish, but then you jump on here and people just give out detailed directions on the net.. I personally recon people get big heads by saying I did this and I do that. I love reading posts and seeing good pictures but let’s keep away from naming places.

Gerard.

--- End quote ---

Has someone mentioned your little place of paradise?

rayke1938:
The site is also about sharing and helping if you have your own particular spot and want to keep it to yourself so be it but what is wrong with sharing a location if someone else can enjoy it and you are not going to endanger a fishery by sharing.
 After all you do not own the spot just because you have found it. It is more than likely that the spot is already well known.
 Just because a location is named you still have to work out times,gear,tactics etc.
Cheers
Ray

Sweetwater:
Via mobile

A fair enough question Gerard. However I'll answer a question with a question; why not?

Firstly, I couldn't give a pigs dinger what other websites (and magazines as well for that matter) do or say, I encourage people to share experiences, info and places, this is the very essence of sweetwaterfishing.com.au AND it's provided here for free, not payed for or hidden in some secret society boys club.....

In my opinion if all publicly accessible locations are shared it will spread the effort. Without sharing something like where or how to get there I recon a report or article is just pissing for distance; "see how good I am" attitudes never impress me much, never have, never will.

If anyone can convince me it's not a good thing to share info that doesn't involve the complainant being purely and simply selfish, then I'll happily remove offending info from the site.

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version