Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > General Discussion

Cod Attack

(1/2) > >>

Jim_Tait:
Got home day after boxing day after a fortnight away and kids were up for a bit of welcome home fishing in our local hole - Jules wanted to catch herring using small grasshoppers under a float - problem was the bass wouldn't leave his bait alone - he managed one herring in between three bass - while landing his largest one it was shadowed by an Eastern cod ~70cm whicgh kept attacking the hooked bass - Jules said he wish his bass was smaller so the cod could of swallowed it and he would of been on !  :)

I redeemed myself with one repectable bass on fly on a 5wt in a hole we'd thrashed earlier in the day with lures - something different sometimes does the job!

Helped  8) dad catch his biggest bass (50cm) in his home reach of the Burnett on boxing day - I worked it up with a popper then dad hooked it on his spinner bait - Jules had a few tussles with big catties on the 3 kg rig - looking forward to the rest of summer !!

takrat:
Nice one Jim, nothing like your local water. Nice to see the EC making an appearance too.
John

Dick Pasfield:
Nice one Jim, seem to remember something about freshwater herring from the past. Would have I seen them on the Sholhaven in NSW?

bdowdy:
 :youbeauty very nice fish mate...one day would love to catch a wild bass like that

Bracey:
Great family fun Jim, well done mate.

Some cracking fish amongst those pictures, especially your Dads and it looks like Jules maybe a chip off the old block the in the way he's fishing expertise is expanding!

Cheers Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version