Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > Polls

Fishing barbless

(1/2) > >>

takrat:
I had been fooling around with the idea of crushing the barbs on all my trebles for quite a while and spend an afternoon recently doing just that.
After coming back from a Cod fishing trip all barbless I'm totally converted. I didn't lose a single fish due to the lack of barbs. I'd like to know how many on the site are doing the same.
John

Sweetwater:
I mostly do, except on some Barra lures & flies for saratoga.

fitzy..

bushwacker:
The only exception for me are toga flies. The main reason i crush all my barbs isnt really for the fish's sake of well being but more my hands and fingers sake ! up to 5 "treble accidents" now, I tell you it effing hurts when a carp is on one side of a lure and your thumb on the other and the prick takes off !!!!!!

Steve

Binder:
Nope, I do have a few boxes of barbless VMC trebles I picked up a while ago to try, but have never got around to it.

Bracey:
G'day John,

As Fitzy mentioned in regards to crushing the barb on trebles for Barra, I never have and more than likely never will unless someone with the experience of a well known guide who catches them on a regular basis convinces me to do so otherwise. For crushing barbs on other hooks for chasing smaller species, I do occationally but rarely do.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version