Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Kayak & Canoe Chat

Kayak Shoes

(1/2) > >>

BrisBassMan:
Guys,

I'm looking at buying a pair of shoes I can use with my kayak.  I have been using crocs(a cheaper version but you know what I mean) and well..... they just aren't cutting it.  I have looked around and found two types Keen Cimarron II and Keen Hood River Boot but the later I thinks isn't made any more as the website in the US only shows one size(7) :o

There is another model from Keen(Hydro Guide) but I am after something that doesn't let in the gravel and sand.

What do you guys use ?

Cheers
Geoff

Dodge:
Geoff I prefer the neoprene ankle length divers boot with the zip on the side, getting on/off the kayak the zips are closed and then sand, gravel, or suction in deep mud cause no problems, then when on the water just leave them unzipped them until going ashore again.

They can get hot in summer, but dangling the feet over the side in the water occasionally sorts out that problem although I very rarely do that myself.

Nativeman:
I use the good ole Dunlop volleys, work well and are cheap. Used to wear crocs or similar but sick of twisting my ankle on slippery rocks.. I had the boots Dodge uses too, too dam hot for me...

Cheers

loomis:
Have a look at the Mirage Rockhoppers. They are a little pricey for a wetboot, but they are by far the best oneI have ever seen or used. Google them up, and check them out.

Leigh.

Sweetwater:
Dive boots work a treat if you know you're going to be in & out of the kayak or doing some COD work (Carry Or Drag). If I'm staying in the kayak I just wear Crocs / Aussie Soles.

fitz..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version