Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Saturday Morning Sesh  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Member

• Hunter
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 19
  • Liked: 1
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Where ever the fish are
Saturday Morning Sesh
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »
I had a window to head off to my local spot for a quick early morning sesh and wasn't disappointed.  I have a new Sammy 65 (Archer Bee) I wanted to take for a run and on the first cast at a set of stumps managed a nice 38cm model.  It is always very satisfying to get the first one outta the way ;)  The second cast landed a smaller model but feisty all the same.

I have been to this spot many a time and always found a particular section to be one of the best spots I have ever fished but since the floods that has all changed.   Spots that always fired now seem empty but others that were the opposite now are producing so I guess it evens out in the long run. 

I moved further down the system and my now favourite(always a fav when they catch heaps of fish :)) Sammy was doing the business and this time the drag went screaming. After a tussle in some submerged timber and weed a very flash looking 43cm Bass came up.  Always happy to welcome those on board.

Not long after this the sun rose a bit and the surface just turned off.  Again this is a bit of a surprise because the morning sessions in the past have always seen bass caught right into mid morning.  I did manage a couple of good Bass on my Megabass Anthrax until I swapped over to the Jackall 10cc.  A few more to the yak and the total was 8 Bass which is a pretty standard morning for my 2 1/2hr sessions in this spot.

Cheers

Geoff

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 419
  • -Receive: 279
  • Liked: 46
  • View Gallery
Re: Saturday Morning Sesh
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:43:11 AM »
Nice little session Geoff. Well done! :youbeauty

I just bought myself a 65 Sammy that I'm yet to Christen, hope it works just as well.

Cheers Dave

Offline Member

• Hunter
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 19
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Where ever the fish are
Re: Saturday Morning Sesh
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 09:25:28 AM »
Thanks mate, normally this spot has poddy's swimming around on the surface all over the place and for a while there, after the floods, they were back but now seem to have disappeared.  Might have something to do with it getting colder or something maybe I don't know.  When the water was coffee and milk I found a buzzbait was really doing the business on them but as it clears up the Sammy comes back into its own again. 

Gotta say it ain't all that bad if I can go out for 2 or 3 hours and get 7 or 8 fish with the biggest in the 40's each time I head out.

Cheers