Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Kayak & Canoe Chat

Kayak/Canoe anchors

(1/2) > >>

iamsam:
I am looking through the classifieds for a dumbbell to use as an anchor and was wondering what people find sufficient (lbs or kg) - im fishing around south east QLD so nothing too swift.

If anyone has alternatives to the dumbbell I am all ears. I have a grapnel anchor but it is a cumbersome thing to have dangling over the side or on the floor between drops.

Has anyone made or found a clip which can be looped over an overhanging branch etc to hold you in place next to a snag?

sam.

Sweetwater:
I just use a Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

iamsam:
Cheers Gary.

dirvin21:

--- Quote from: iamsam on September 04, 2014, 04:40:55 PM ---
Has anyone made or found a clip which can be looped over an overhanging branch etc to hold you in place next to a snag?

--- End quote ---

a D clip similar to what a rock climber uses
or I use a clip the same as the long liners use to attach their droppers to the mainline, just loop the rope over a branch and clip onto itself

iamsam:
I remember those clips - we used to use them on the commercial boat years ago. May even be able to dig one up.

thanks guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version