Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Kayak & Canoe Chat

Towing canoe

(1/2) > >>

fish38:
Any problems with towing a old town Saranac flat bottom canoe the right way up instead of upside down on top of a flat top trailer, will it damage canoe any thoughts appreciated
Thanks

aussiebasser:
As long as you don't tie it down to tightly it should be ok.  If it's on a trailer you will need a permit at Wivenhoe and Somerset.

Edit:  SEQWater regulations have changed.  You won't need a permit at the moment.

Sweetwater:

--- Quote from: aussiebasser on October 12, 2014, 07:47:44 PM ---As long as you don't tie it down to tightly it should be ok.  If it's on a trailer you will need a permit at Wivenhoe and Somerset.

--- End quote ---

The latest signage at Wivenhoe I saw last week said something like "TRAILERED AND REGISTERED BOATS REQUIRE BOATING PERMIT".  I read that to mean you only need a boating permit if it's a registered boat that is on a trailer.....

aussiebasser:
Technically, if a boat is on a trailer, and you use a public boat ramp it must be registered whether it is over 4hp or not.  Unless the laws have changed. 

Edit:  The law has changed, and only the horsepower requirement is now enforced.

Sweetwater:
I think the ramps at SEQWater lakes aren't public ramps. They're on private property & entry / use is at the good grace of SEQWater. Otherwise they couldn't lock the gates at sunset.......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version