Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > General Discussion

Summer coming...hows the boat?

(1/5) > >>

RandallG:
I`ll kick start a conversation about our members boats. I live in Margate on the Reddy peninsular and this summer, I have told myself I need to do more fishing. With Borumba 1.5 hours north, Lenthals 3 hrs away, and a lot of salty stuff surrounding me, Its time to service and replace and repair stuff on the boat before I use it too much.

After doing a mates trailer bearings with him recently, it was time to check mine out. Pleased to report that all original bearings are still OK after 6 years of use.
I am going to stiffen up a rocky passenger seat that has been getting progressively more annoying to me of late. Theres some fuel line checks and replacement to do. Theres a small section coming out of the tank that has perished!! And the list could go on.

Anyway, I would encourage all that have put off the little maintenance tasks for the winter period to get out there and have a look around your tub. there will be stuff to do !!   ;D He`s mine, a 4.1 polycraft.

Randall.

aussiebasser:
Randall, when you replace your fuel line, be sure to buy a line that is compatible with Ethanol based fuels.  We really don't know now if ethanol is mixed with the fuel we buy.

RandallG:
I was just going to get one from BCF or similar mate. Would there be a problem with them you think?

takrat:
Hey Randall,
That's a good bit of advice. Reminds me I did one wheel bearing a while back, better do the other one. My electric's in the shop getting something mysterious done to it. I went down the Wilson River near home this arvo and flogged the place a bit but nothing. The fish are back up from the salt but there's still a lot more to come. Apparently there are quite a few in the Richmond near Coraki.
JD

aussiebasser:

--- Quote from: RandallG on September 16, 2010, 03:08:00 PM ---I was just going to get one from BCF or similar mate. Would there be a problem with them you think?

--- End quote ---

Better off going to a proper marine dealer and asking the question mate.  Your motor is before Ethanol, so you fuel line should be replaced with a new style one.  The consequences of not changing it can be very expensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version