Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > General Discussion

Onya SEQ Water.

<< < (2/3) > >>

warren63:
Actually fished there today for the first time and saw that sign and thought maybe a rule change or such. Well done on your action.

rayke1938:
"But cannot help but think the boating fee is a bit of a rip off, when there is no fee if carried on the car roof, but a fee is involved if the boat is trailered to the water."
Doesnt really matter if the monies raised end up with the stocking group. I bet all the ski lice grit their teeth realising that their fees end up with the despised fishos who get in their way. ;D
At NPD you pay for access to the site and all monies raised go towards restocking apart from a small ammount that is required for insurances and site maitenance as per conditions of our lease from SEQ water.
Cheers
Ray

aussiebasser:

--- Quote from: rayke1938 on September 17, 2010, 08:34:03 PM ---"But cannot help but think the boating fee is a bit of a rip off, when there is no fee if carried on the car roof, but a fee is involved if the boat is trailered to the water."
Doesnt really matter if the monies raised end up with the stocking group. I bet all the ski lice grit their teeth realising that their fees end up with the despised fishos who get in their way. ;D
At NPD you pay for access to the site and all monies raised go towards restocking apart from a small ammount that is required for insurances and site maitenance as per conditions of our lease from SEQ water.
Cheers
Ray

--- End quote ---

I don't think you understand Ray, none of the Boating Permit money from Wivenhoe or Somerset end up with the stocking group.  Not a cent.  It goes to SEQWater whereas the Hinze Boating money goes to the Hinze stocking group and the North Pine dam boating money goes to the PRFMA, along with the SIP money.  SEQWater use the Boating permit money from Somerset and Wivenhoe on upkeep for the ramps and the Spit area.  They have purchased fingerlings themselves, but I don't know if they still do.  SWFSA do not get a cheque from SEQWater

rayke1938:
Sorry Dale I misunderstood.
"  It's a bit weird, it's a bit like SEQW handing over the boating permit money to SWFSA".
I took that to mean that the monies went to your group.
Shame that it doesnt.
Maybe it time that the SIP fee is increased in line with everything else.
Cheers
Ray

aussiebasser:
I don't think it needs increasing.  We got over $100k for our two lakes, that's a hell of a lot of fingerlings, and we can't spend a cent of the SIP Money on anything other than fingerlings.  We run other fund raisers and rely on a sponsor (Tarong Energy) to pay for the running of the hatchery.  Obviously PRFMA and the Hinze group can spend the boating permit money on whatever they like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version