Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Lure Lunatics > Lure Making

First attempt at making lures.

(1/2) > >>

Freshwater Newby77:
Gidday all.
                  Here's a couple of pics of my first attempt at making lures.
I used light meranti,hand carved and sanded ,then 5 coats of undercoat, then wet and dried with 600 to a smooth finish.
.9 mm galv wire twisted with pliers on a nail for hook hangers & tow point
1.5 mm plastic bib cut with metal jigsaw blade.
Size 6 chemically sharpened treble hooks hung from 5 mm split rings.
I used spray can paint,but have just bought a airbrush kit.The paints are hard to come by.
I can't wait for the expo for bibs and paint.
Its cheaper to buy 6 x 60 ml createx from U.S than it is to buy from the Aussie airbrush sites.Bit sad.
Anyone know where I can buy paint from excluding online?Cheapest for 6 I have found is $38

Dodge:
Well done, and hope they say c'mon to the fish mate.

Freshwater Newby77:
Thanks mate,me too!

Brad H:
Nice looker that lure FN...
I don't know of anyone selling paint at the Expo, but certainly Dave Hinton will be there with hooks, rings, eyes and all sorts of goodies, and I think Laserworx are coming again with their bibs.

Have you considered decanting the pressure packs either into the airbrush cup/bottle ?? That what a lot of us are doing with 1pk auto acrylics.

Brad

Freshwater Newby77:
Wow,thanks Brad.It means a lot coming from a real lure maker! I don't mind if the paints arent there.I'm looking forward to the whole show especially watching and learning.
I got the plans for these minnows off here.
How deep are they supposed to dive usually and is casting into a pool the way to test.
How do i decant spraypaks safely,as iI'm keen to try that.
Thanks for the tips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version