Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Fish Restocking / Acclimatisation and Environment

Mary River cod fingerlings.

<< < (5/6) > >>

aussiebasser:
Sadly Fitz, you know there will be very few people volunteer to help you.

Sweetwater:

--- Quote from: rayke1938 on August 03, 2015, 03:25:59 PM ---
As for cowboys do you not have to possess a collection permit to collect brood stock and would this not be regulated by fisheries,
Cheers
Ray

--- End quote ---
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

StevenM:
Basser

Think my post has been slightly taken out of context to what I was trying get across.

By having very large potholes to look after, SWFSA is going to be busy, and your right, it's the same people all the time that do the heavy load.

Promoting what stocking groups do gets people interested, keen and wanting to join.. therefore many hands make light work.

I think Euan Maddock people do a good job of it and there are other groups as well that do it well.

Some discussion around this at the next meeting? Maybe target the Fernvale Markets?

And more than happy to help at anytime doing what ever is needed, being selling raffle tickets, cooking snags or peeling onions if I am available. Like all work commitments make it hard at times (here I am now in gundi for the week) and other family commitments can get in the way, but with an agenda, a calendar and will to make it happen it will.

It's all life as a volunteer right. It's not a paid job, well publicised or the like and comes with little help or appreciation....and yes it all cost us the individual a few pesos every bloody time....but we keep turning up for anther go. And that is the glue that keeps us together and wanting to make it happen.

Novice:
Acquiring the brood stock could be as easy as DAFF or Seqwater picking out a few from their next electro fishing foray from the Middle Brisbane. This section of the river gets plenty of fishing pressure anyway, a few pairs aren't going to be missed. Each major Wivy spill event seems to re-seed the river anyway.

As for the cod's ancestry from these parts............they could have a bit of everything in them. :o

Novice:

--- Quote from: rayke1938 on August 03, 2015, 05:22:46 PM ---From memory back in may

--- End quote ---

Ray, I saw that thread you are talking about. It only lasted about half a day, you linked a news article about GC JPs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version