Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Hunting and Shooting

Back in the game

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jim_Tait:
I had one of the earliest stainless mini14 too Dale - was 15 when I got it - loved it madly, drilled hundreds of pigs with it while my family was living in the southern Gulf, still think it BS that a whole class of weapons (semi-autos) have been banned from general ownership - especially when pistol club members can have semi-auto hand guns  - they should allow semi auto rifles under stricter background checks / storage rules or the like I reckon

aussiebasser:
Was it that long ago Jim.  I got mine from the first batch into the country.  It was before the Stainless were available.  I had a 10/22, a 44Mag and a M77 in .220 Swift too.  I never had a pistol license, but our family Sports Store was permitted to stock a beautiful .357 mag Security Six and a .22/.22 mag combo Revolver.  These may not have been new when they were sold...............

bushwacker:
Jim you look hard pushed being 20 in that last photo.

At the latest Bio Security Queensland wild dog and vertebrate pest management meeting some very interesting info was shared with regards to wild dogs and dingo purity. In fact there is almost a straight line between Adelaide and Townsville , East 80% of samples are hybrid domestic / dingo and to the west is the opposite.

Also 2 photo's side by side of a dingo and a domestic hybrid but the fact was they are opposite of what you would have thought to be what, food for thought.

ZZ top what a shame you didn't get a fair $ for them, I suppose it would be just extra baggage in your situation

Jim_Tait:
Steve I was 16 in that photo (hunting with responsible adults tho ::) ) - Talking about Colt pythons Dale, a station managers on the property we lived on once (bit of a dill) lost a beautiful (licenced) 357 python out of his saddle bag while mustering - never found it, I must of put a couple of tanks of juice through my trail bike looking for that weapon - don't know if my intentions were honourable tho  ::)

Mate of mine I used to hunt with in the late 70's (Station days) have a 357 lever action that worked pretty effectively on pigs at short range - he also had a ruger 22 handgun that had interchangeable long rifle/ magnum cylinders - good for dispatching pigs when your just providing 'artillery support' for bailing dogs.

aussiebasser:
That little .22 was fun on Rabbits in the spotlight.....um apparently... ::)  The Mag side of it took whistling foxes to a whole new level too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version