Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > Polls

Are Fishing Licences a Good or Bad idea?

<< < (5/5)

Sweetwater:
 :GoodPost) 
Thanks for the insight SP.  :thanks

cheers,

Pinhead:
we already pay via our rego..so does anyone really think they would drop that if a RFL is introduced? I doubt it.

Scott..we have been down this path before..comparing NSW figures is ridiculous..more people down there and less coastline..so how about working out actual figures for Qld. I will fight against a general rfl ..it would just be another Govt grab.

I am amazed at how many people are in favour of paying more taxes..personally I don't want any more...call it s alicense or a tax..all the same..just more money going into Govt coffers.

BUT..if it was introduced..who would manage it..who would be on this so called board? Would every license holder be able to vote for the management committee or would it just be another jobs for the boys eg Sunfish parking their butts on it.

SIPS works well..leave it alone and no more taxes.

takrat:
There have been some very good comments on this thread and obviously there are more than a few deep thinkers among us. The facts are that NSW is really the only valid model to compare with. Add to the the fact that the 2 states share common borders and it's not too hard to see why the comparison is made. It still comes down to the fact that WE do not have enough say in our own recreation. The current mob inCanberra saw to that when funding was cut to recfish. Yes the system works well in NSW but is not without flaws; eg license money being used for research that should have come from DPI/ Fisheries budget. But it does work. The devil as always is in the detail and until we can extract gold plated guarantees we won't be making any progress. In the meantime the pro's will continue to pillage the estuaries, and haul the beaches during the Bream spawn. Yes this IS a Freshwater site but anyone who thinks the two disiplines can be totally isolated is living under a rock. Fisho's are by thier nature individualists and there fore we never seem to be able to unite, not even within the confines of a fishing club. If you want a bottom line then this is it; Unless we are able to present a united front to the pollies we are always going to be playing catch up.
End of rant.
John

ramonfernandez:
Well said takrat.  As for me, I voted for I don't really like it but I guess there has got to have a fishing license.  This keeps everything regulated.  But just like what Takrat sait, fishers should begin with a unite front first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version