Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > Polls

Lake Kurwongbah access - POLL

<< < (3/7) > >>

dinodadog:
It will def need ongoing funds as the yellow rain coat brigade has already got it sussed,20lt buckets,6rods each etc etc had a quick look out that way this morning,could not believe the amount of rubbish already building up and all from fisherpeople, plastic bait bags,drink bottles, lure pkts line line line and  more line,w hen will some people wake up and look after these areas instead of destroying them.
Dino

rayke1938:
Shayne thanks for clearing up the funding status I had a vague idea how it worked but I tend to nod off and miss things at meetings.
Taking into consideration the Councils vision and the existance of cabomba and the availability of other waters maybe things should be left alone.
One thing that would be good to see would be an increased presence of rangers and DPI inspectors to try and control the irresponsible people who are abusing the lake and its surrounds.There was 2 groups or people there today antd they were not the yellow raincoat brigade.
Cheers
Ray

aussiebasser:
Hmmm, I wear a yellow rain coat when it's raining so I gather I'm not welcome there.

Many of the Asian community have been fishing Kurwongbah for a long time.  Longer than the access scheme to NPD, and much longer than the current Kurwongbah stocking effort.  They have actively targeted Tilapia for the table, knowing that there was no bag limit, and they were considered by Aussies to be a pest.  In their native lands these were considered good eating, and most still prefer them to Bass.  I wonder if there is any signage up telling them of the size and bag limits for Bass.  I'm also well acquainted with many people of Asian descent who are true sports fishermen, and enjoy the catch and release philosophy as much as we do and wear yellow raincoats if it's raining.  Education, not accusation, is the key to a successful program

Shayned:
Dale, I designed signage and found the $2200 to produce and erect them at public access areas over two years ago. Skin colour does not define peoples approach to fishing but the groups being to referred to have to walk past a 2400 x 1200 sign to commence fishing. A few more fines would suit me. Talking appears not to be working and I mean this for every person who isn't doing the right thing.

Just quietly, they are bloody nice signs!!

Shayned:
If you ever want use up a month and a half of your spare time (and then some), try negotiating a concensus between multiple departmental areas in 3 levels of government for the content and design of signage on public land.  ::)

The signs have an overview of the history and contribution of the lake to local development, photos and descriptions of fish species found in the lake, an impassioned plea to look after the place and a large warning that size and bag limits apply, along with how to check them. The advice given at the time is that these parameters change over time and that by putting up info which is used and out of date we could end up in trouble down the track.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version