Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > Polls

Which watercraft do you prefer ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

aussiebasser:
I don't know about stunts, but I've got a nice boat for Barra lakes, I've got a good little boat for electric only and rivers, I've got Kayaks and canoes for the river and lakes and we've just bought a couple of Jetskis for offshore.  When looking at offshore options, it was a toss up between spending $150k on a 4WD and a 6 metre off shore rig and a whole lot less on a couple of Ski's.  I since discovered that mangrove running, knee boarding and cruising to island coffee shops is bloody good fun too.

Novice:

--- Quote from: aussiebasser on May 17, 2013, 09:42:29 AM ---I don't know about stunts, but I've got a nice boat for Barra lakes, I've got a good little boat for electric only and rivers, I've got Kayaks and canoes for the river and lakes and we've just bought a couple of Jetskis for offshore.  When looking at offshore options, it was a toss up between spending $150k on a 4WD and a 6 metre off shore rig and a whole lot less on a couple of Ski's.  I since discovered that mangrove running, knee boarding and cruising to island coffee shops is bloody good fun too.

--- End quote ---

Bloody coffee shops eh?

I remember when you used to fish nearly every weekend. You've changed Dale. :popcorn)

takrat:
I hope they're not lattes Dale, that's unmanly. Look you can't arrive on a big macho jetski and then order a latte, it's just not done.

aussiebasser:

--- Quote from: Novice on May 17, 2013, 11:16:48 AM ---Bloody coffee shops eh?

I remember when you used to fish nearly every weekend. You've changed Dale. :popcorn)

--- End quote ---

I guess I feel that I don't have anything to prove any more.  Harro and I discussed this over a bottle of JW recently.  There comes a time in your life when you've caught enough fish.  I could join the Turkey Shoot at the river every weekend, but that wouldn't prove anything to me.  I prefer to fish when they're not biting, and try to figure them out.  At the moment we're getting some hours under us on the skis so we can be confident fishing 50lb gear off them a couple of miles offshore.  Some will understand this, and some won't, but again, I don't have to justify that.

Sweetwater:

--- Quote from: aussiebasser on May 17, 2013, 09:40:25 PM ---I guess I feel that I don't have anything to prove any more.  Harro and I discussed this over a bottle of JW recently.  There comes a time in your life when you've caught enough fish.  I could join the Turkey Shoot at the river every weekend, but that wouldn't prove anything to me.  I prefer to fish when they're not biting, and try to figure them out.  At the moment we're getting some hours under us on the skis so we can be confident fishing 50lb gear off them a couple of miles offshore.  Some will understand this, and some won't, but again, I don't have to justify that.

--- End quote ---

At least we know you're not one of the f%&ktard lake lice who like to make waves and noise "just to intentionally piss anglers off" that many others seem to do with relish. The lake lice assn inc should be paying you & Pam to be their PR people.  :thumbsup

As usual the rat bag 5% seem to make a bad name for the other 95%. I'm sure most jet skiers are nice people, but my experience with most has left me pretty pissed off indeed. Now you've made me rethink my whole existence on PWCs.... I once thought they were like all those noisy bloody Harley riders that insist in riding past all weekend in packs of 100+, all annoying.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version