Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > Polls

Somerset Wivenhoe boating permit.

<< < (2/2)

Sweetwater:
Interesting poll results so far.  :OMG

aussiebasser:
I'll leave the poll up until Sunday night, the add up the numbers from here and the Jetski club.

aussiebasser:
I've locked the voting now.  It looks like 1 person has received education out of the 18 people who voted.  From my Jetski group I received a 10:2 (one asked for info and received it, one recieved info unsolicited, and a floaing keyring and drink bottles) rate. Combined we have 27:3 with 27 people receiving no education, and 3 people being given education.

I recently sent this request to SEQWater:

--- Quote ---Hello,

On my last visit to Lake Somerset I purchased a boating permit.  Could you please advise the reason for this permit and where the money raised from these permits is spent.

Regards,

Dale Sinclair

--- End quote ---

and I received this reply from the Recreation Support Officer.

--- Quote ---Good afternoon Dale
The permit itself  is issued as a means to educate lake users about the restrictions and site specific requirements for the lake they intend to use. The statistical data collected aids the strategic recreation planning process.
Monies raised from the sale of permits goes back into the provision and maintenance of recreational and boating facilities.
We are currently entering into a process to review the recreational activity requirements  (including boating permits) at all Seqwater sites  and the outcomes of this review will dictate future requirements.

Regards

--- End quote ---

This is not reflected in our Poll results.

Binder:
No rules written in 2 point font on the back of the permits?

aussiebasser:

--- Quote from: Binder on May 27, 2013, 06:35:20 PM ---No rules written in 2 point font on the back of the permits?

--- End quote ---

None that I can read.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version