Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

Special Interest > Electronics chat

I pilot position lock.

(1/2) > >>

rayke1938:
Went to NPD this morning and fishing was very slow so I had a bit of a play with the position lock feature on my Ipilot whilst waiting for my redclaw pots to soak.
I was on the corner of the island and the wind was changing direction frequently and was around 10k.
 I was quite pleased how the ipilot handled the conditions as my hull is high sided and has quite a bit of windage.
Now all I need is for the fish to get hungry again and I will be able to hover right on top of them without having to worry about the anchor not holding.
Cheers
Ray
Small | Large

Justo:
Hey mate, have ran an 80lb Ipilot now for about 5 months on my 5.5m Galeforce, Used it up at Awoonga and many, many times in the salt, here in Hervey Bay. They are outstanding, I have had no dramas at all with mine, and it was a great tool to have up at awoonga when fishing points and bays, not having to use the anchor means less noise and less hassle when staking out a position.
My thoughts,

Justin :thumbsup

dinodadog:
Having been with Rayke at monduran recently a couple of things with the I pilot stood out.

1  when arriving at your intended spot if you imploy the position lock to early before boat has come to a stopp, the motor in correcting itself wraps the cords around itself.

2  as we get older the eyes weaken, the remote is very hard to read as it is black symbols on black backround one would have to have sunnies with byfocals in them or be reaching for your glasses all the time, or memorize the symbols. This could be rectified by highliting the symbols in white or something similar.

3  at night its worse than above, the remote needs a back light in it to highlight the symbols.

I hope these things have improved before I get mine ::)

Dino

Toddy:

--- Quote from: dinodadog on November 29, 2010, 07:48:06 AM ---Having been with Rayke at monduran recently a couple of things with the I pilot stood out.

1  when arriving at your intended spot if you imploy the position lock to early before boat has come to a stopp, the motor in correcting itself wraps the cords around itself.

2  as we get older the eyes weaken, the remote is very hard to read as it is black symbols on black backround one would have to have sunnies with byfocals in them or be reaching for your glasses all the time, or memorize the symbols. This could be rectified by highliting the symbols in white or something similar.

3  at night its worse than above, the remote needs a back light in it to highlight the symbols.

I hope these things have improved before I get mine ::)

Dino

--- End quote ---

Gday Dino.

Re number 1....When the position gets settled the motor will unwrap itself.I dont know how it knows it just does.

Number 3...The remote has a backlight button.If the backlight was to run all the time you would go through a battery a trip.

Cant help you with number 2. :)

Toddy

dinodadog:
thanks for that Ray must not of found the backlight yet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version