Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Power Pro  (Read 15294 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
Re: Power Pro
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 05:51:46 AM »
I have used power pro for bass fishing heaps and find it more than up to the task.  I only ever use 8lb or 10lb for bass though.  Don't ever seem to need anything more than that.

My bass reels carry 50lb braid (flouro yellow), but only because I dont need my reading glasses to tie knots in it! I've got 6lb in the shed waiting for when I upgrade my reading glasses! Getting old sucks!

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 19
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 06:38:37 AM »
My bass reels carry 50lb braid (flouro yellow), but only because I dont need my reading glasses to tie knots in it! I've got 6lb in the shed waiting for when I upgrade my reading glasses! Getting old sucks!

I guess there's not a lot of consolation in the sentiment that the older you get, the better you were.
And that geratric credo about pissing when you can, never wasting an erection nor trusting a fart.
There's still hope though for it's purest form - age and treachery still beating youth and skill.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »
Absolutely Harro, it could be seen either way and none are any less correct in all reality. As I said I probably don't fish hard enough (lack of big fish action?) to have a bimini worry me at this point. They're a necessity for me in regards to my choice of leader although I'm sure with a little tinkering knot wise I'm sure there'll be a way to do it with just a single strand. Care to offer up any suggestions?

Oh, while we're on the topic, a mate I work with tinkered with the FG knot the jig and popper boys use these days and although not castable it's by far and away the best knot I've seen. First had watched them break 150lb leader joined to 80lb braid and the knot never failed, the braid backlash from the breakage did draw blood though....