Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > Event Calendar / Date Claimer

Wyaralong Dam Carp / Tilapia Fishing Comp

<< < (2/5) > >>

StevenM:

--- Quote from: bondy99 on December 26, 2014, 02:37:42 PM ---I'll ask a question,

Can you get catch them landbased or by boat at Wyaralong Dam.

If landbased is there any spot / place in particular or take pot luck?

--- End quote ---

Anywhere Bondy

Rules state that you can only park in the designated areas and not stop on the road in etc. a lot do and it's not policed. Not endorsing it, just advising

bondy99:
Aussiebasser and StevenM

Ok, No worries, thanks for the info and advice.

Cheers

beneel:
Caught a Tilapia 42cm and 1.86kg from there 2 weeks ago. They are everywhere in there.

bondy99:
beneel,

Good report.

I'll be going down there next week after my operation and see if I can get some of those tilapia.

What bait did you use, float or just small lead sinker, size 12 hook?

Cheers,

Bondy

beneel:
Just use worms. They love them. So do the carp. Drop them straight to the bottom. I just have a small running sinker down to a swivel. Then about 1/2 a metre of leader.  I use 1/0 wide gap circle hooks for all bait fishing and they seem to work for both carp and tilapia. The tilapia seem to be in shallow bays(3-4m deep). Just make sure you keep your slack wound up as they can have the worm gone before you realise. Great fun.I use around 10 lb line and 15 lb leader as there are some big carp in there. Several have been caught over 10pound.
If you dont have a bite within 1/2 an hour try somewhere else. Good luck.
Beneel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version