Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...

General Category > Fishing Reports

Garfish

<< < (2/4) > >>

MSB:
Hi Bondy

What do you want them for mate, eating or bait, I fish for saltwater gar mostly for eating as they are good gear to eat. Not sure where you are based but if you want I will give you a few sure fire spots.

MSB

bondy99:
Hi MSB,

Just for a feed. I've used them for bait in the past but mostly for a feed these days.

I've moved to Crestmead. Marsden area.

I have a car so travel is no issue. I've been as far as Hamon Cove and Billies Landing (Lake Wivenhoe) apart from North Pine Dam (Bullockys Rest)
Cheers,
Bondy

MSB:
Hi Bondy

If you have the time I will take you out in my boat chasing saltwater gar in the pumicestone passage, salties taste better then freshies plus grow bigger, if you are interested let me know best time suits and I will see what I can work out

MSB ( Ron)

bondy99:
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the offer, sure, I'd love to go and try and get a feed of the saltwater varieties. Unfortunately it will be another 2 or 3 weeks before I can venture out.

I've been using freshly made dough, dough seems to come off to quick, on occasions I've also used small pieces of prawn.

Is the rig set up for freshwater same as for saltwater?

Cheers,
Peter

MSB:
Whenever it suits you Peter, I am semi retired so pretty flexible time wise, all I use is a small float below a sliding rubber stopper to enable depth to be adjusted small piece of split shot below the float and number 12 longshank hook, generally use small yabby tails if I can pump them beforehand or piece of prawn same as you, I always burley them up with some stale bread in a small mesh bag with a small float in the bag for buoyancy.

Wait to here from you.

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version