Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Views: 35
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)
Currently:
  • Fishermen stunned by rare double hook-up 5 1

Author Topic: Fishermen stunned by rare double hook-up  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Member

• Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 369
  • Liked: 70
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Fishermen stunned by rare double hook-up
« on: January 13, 2015, 10:04:54 PM »
Fishermen stunned by rare double hook-up
12 January - The Chronicle

KINGSTHORPE fishing fanatic Don Gelhaar was thrilled he managed to catch a snap of a 95cm cod his son caught the second they pulled it into the boat at Cooby Dam.

By the time they got back to shore to take the obligatory bevy of happy snaps every fisherman prizes, the evidence of how their fantastic catch was made had disappeared into the jaws of the big green fish.

Cameron Gelhaar and his son at Cooby Dam with an incredible catch. Cameron first hooked the yellow belly and then the cod took the yellow belly. Together with his father Don, they managed to get the two into the boat.

Don, his son Cameron and grandson Jake Gelhaar were out at Cooby enjoying some quality intergenerational time when Cameron felt a healthy strike at his line.

"It was my son who made the catch," he said."We were just using lures and trolling along when he got a hook up.

"He said 'Oh my God I think I've got a big green one (cod)' and he battled it to the surface.

"It went back down again and when he got it back up he asked me if I could see what was in its mouth.

"It turned out a yellowbelly had taken the lure then the cod came up and grabbed it."

The 64-year-old avid fisherman said it was the first time he had seen anything like it.Cameron, 39, was equally in awe despite being an avid fisherman most of his life too.

Don said Cameron, visiting from his new home town of Mackay, had promised his mum he would catch her a cod, but didn't expect such an impressive one or such a fantastic tale to go with it.

But if it's hot fishing tips you're after, Don reckons his mates were hauling in plenty of metre-long cod recently from Warwick's Connolly Dam.
Source : www thechronicle.com.au/news/fishermen-get-more-they-bargain-double-catch/2507256/
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Sweetwater Fishing Home http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au