Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Riverina Sportfishing Report 23 March  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Member

• Fishing Guide
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 10
  • Liked: 0
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
Riverina Sportfishing Report 23 March
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:43:58 AM »
Riverina Sportfishing Report 23 March 2011

It has been a very interesting second half of the fishing season so far. The best water by far to fish has been Burrinjuck which continues to produce cod, goldens and reddies (and yes, I admit that I enjoy throwing lures at cruising carp). Reward for effort at Burrinjuck is the key. If you are not catching fish, keep moving about until you find a patch of hungry ones. I prefer to cast Burrinjuck with TN50 Jackall’s or spinnerbaits being the preferred option. If I troll, it’s hard to go past a 50mm AC Invader (deep bib) or an AC Slim Invader. If trolling for cod specifically the 70-90mm size range of lure that will dive to 6-8m will do the trick.
Blowering is chock full of redfin this season and it’s no problems to fill the boat with them if needed. Small soft plastics are deadly with a slow retrieve. Wiggle tail grubs in any colour seem to do the trick.
I am happy to report that the Murrumbidgee around Wagga is fishable again. After floods and continual rains keeping the water dirty I have guided several trips in the past week or so. The cod are mostly in the 50-55cm size, but as it cools down the larger fish will start to bite. I am fishing the lower Murrumbidgee later this week as the water is clear enough (just) as I hope to start taking trips down that way if the fish cooperate.

NT Barra Tour
Dave and I have one place available on our NT tour in May. You would be away from the 6th to the 13th May and the cost is $4,680. On top of this you only need to get to and from Darwin. Run off barra fishing in the top end is on most fishermen’s bucket list and here is an opportunity for you to step in to a stress free trip with a terrific group. Note that the group you would be fishing will have the final say on whether you get the place or not as it’s their trip (they are very entertaining and no doubt that you will enjoy their company!) Dave and I just organise the trip and put you on the fish.

Riverina Sport Fishing Sale Update
I have been speaking with several parties who are interested in aspects of my business. Nothing has been confirmed as yet (ie: no money has changed hands), so not a lot of news to report on this front. I plan to operate through until the end of June upon which I hope to finalise the sale process and hand over the reins to some new blood. It’s still business as usual.

Late Notice
I have had a group postpone for this weekend (26-27 Mar) and as such, I have Saturday and Sunday free for tours if you are interested. As mentioned above, river trips are back, the ‘Juck is fishing well and Blowering for reddies is a fun day.

Jamin Forbes