Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Duty done, now can I go on my own?  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
Duty done, now can I go on my own?
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »
Well school holidays again, pretty busy as work, so I have not been able to set anything proper up for the kids, Usually I'll go drop the shrimp pots in the dam and amuse the kids with cricket scores of bass.  Wife had that look on her face when I announced I had not been fishing for two whole weeks and was heading out saturday on the kayak. So new plans, taking the kids fishing both days   :o

Daughter was dead set keen on the North Pine dam, so I figured it would be a trial run with her in a life jacket for the day (new rules courtesy of the PRFMA), So saturday was the dam with Daughter. It was ok, no fish on lures as usual, and the prawns could not even boat us a tandanus, rained most of the time, but daughter had fun and reckoned the life jacket was ok to wear, (we all know how an unhappy woman / girl can make an otherwise ok fishing trip a misery!) So I will probably have her back out there over the christmas holidays. Even the redclaw were quite, only 9 keepers out of 8 pots.

A Picture of sartorial elegance, to lazy to take the life jacket off to remove the rain coat between showers

The view most of the day,rain and more rain!

Sunday was the local creek on the yaks with the boys. Weather was a lot better,  the plan had been to head up the creek with the tide, then back again after the turn, the boys trolling plastics with the odd spot of casting at likely looking spots. But with the big tide the weed was shocking, the boys persevered for a k or so, but progress was so slow! Stopping every 50m to clear the weed from the lures. In the end the boys just paddled while I tossed small lures. At least i caught a fish, a pike which dehooked itself from the lure yak side, then I lost my favourite storm king bream lure  :( the boys were pretty buggered after their 4k paddle, apparently that rapala fishing computer game doesn't quite put the same condition on you as actual real fishing does!  ;D

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 29
  • Liked: 4
  • View Gallery
Re: Duty done, now can I go on my own?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »
Well Done!!!

I think you've certainly earned a solo trip!!!  Shame about the weather but hey like they say a bad days fishing is better than a good day at work!!  Great to see more kids out there doing the good things in life!!! 

Regards
Colin

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 604
  • -Receive: 413
  • Liked: 28
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: north pine dam
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 05:37:08 PM »
Should have given me a ring .I could have organised some live shrimp for you and told you where the fish were.
Got 9 this morning best 53 smallest 42.
Cheers
Ray

Offline Member

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
  • Liked: 0
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 02:26:30 PM »
Ray, your another one of those NPD fish magnets!!  You and Dinodadog must have the same inside straight on the sweet locations. ;D

Well done!!

Randall

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events