Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: Two firsts and a second !  (Read 5764 times)

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 414
  • -Receive: 233
  • Liked: 27
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: oh somewhere out near the border ranges ....
Two firsts and a second !
« on: March 06, 2011, 06:47:15 PM »
After waking up at a very lazy 8 am the sunny sky just told me to go fishing and turnd out to be a absolutly awesome day fishing ! Although i will not tell where for fear of the location thats not so secret getting flogged out so sorry guys, If you know the area you will no doubt know the location fished but mums the word ok  ;).

Seriously craving my first yella i headed off at around 10 am with my brother to try sus out a spot we havent fished in ages. First cast with a gold spinnerbait 3 hits on the first retrieve let me know something was going to happen, so it did on the next cast landing my first yella at 40cm i was STOKED!  ;D 2 Casts later found me on my second yella at very much the same size, This sent my brother mad with the desire to catch one for himself. After casting at this spot for 10 min my SB got hammerd again with a nice bass around the 40cm mark again! i couldnt believe it 3 fish 10 min all over 40!

Deciding to walk further downstream casting Mic started getting into some nice bass with a purple packrat and as did i with every cast getting a hit and every second and third cast a bass. Not knowing the area we where fishing extremely well and knowing a nationall park was near by we werent too sure we wer supposed to be there but have been told since that allot of people fish there, we decided to turn around after our 12th bass wich all made the mid 20 to 30+ mark.

My younger brother had never caught a silver perch before and i new just the spot for this and he accomplished this goal all be it using worms we still managed half a dozen bass but nothing over 30 still using the gold SB. Seeing my brother was still a bit bummed about not getting a yella i took him back to where i had previous luck earlier on and gave him my spinner bait that had all the luck today to use. He had put in a few cast and wham he had one but alas got off under the undercut bank before we could land him. "Chin up have another crack" I happend to be flicking a poltergiest deep diver around cranking it down and pausing, second pause on my first cast a frieght train grabbed it and a gill raker cut the line clean  :-[ .

Not giving up after another 20 min Mic was finally rewarded with his first yella landed in the net and was over the moon ! We had the most unreal day with great bass and new species of fish caught saw us with a smile bigger than a cheshier cat in a fish shop all the way home  8)

Ocean kayak Scrambler 11

Professional yob

Donut King

Offline Member

• Contributor
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 236
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Upper Clarence River above the Gorge
Re: Two firsts and a second !
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »
Nice day out mate, it often pays to get out of bed on a good day. Should be more of it.
JD

Offline Member

• Store Customer
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 74
  • Liked: 8
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:14:07 PM »
Nice going guys and definately worth getting out of bed for on a sunday. :thumbsup
Glad you were able to find somewhere out of the wind too.

Cheers.

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 103
  • Liked: 26
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 09:02:19 PM »
wicked mate!! 2 firsts is a great effort  :D nice looking location for a land based fish ! been a while since i been there if its where i think it is  :-X ;D

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »
wicked mate!! 2 firsts is a great effort  :D nice looking location for a land based fish ! been a while since i been there if its where i think it is  :-X ;D

Yep mate i reckon you know where this is but there has been a hell of allot of taking fish there and not all bloody legal either  >:(

Offline Member

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 148
  • Liked: 14
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 10:23:15 PM »
Nice work there, do you bring your own lawn mower? ;)

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »
Nice work there, do you bring your own lawn mower? ;)

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DICK !!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D