Members can see more Boards, Topics, Picture Galleries, Videos, Games and more. Register NOW...
Recent Pictures (List All)

Rating: (None)
Views: 34
Comments (0)

Views: 37
Comments (0)

Rating: ****
Views: 37
Comments (4)

Views: 25
Comments (0)

Author Topic: What can we do ???  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 20
  • Liked: 1
  • Sweetwater Fishing Fanatic
  • View Gallery
What can we do ???
« on: June 19, 2011, 09:22:34 PM »
I see on a random basis but frequently , anglers with set lines in a waterway close to me, far in excess of the number allowed in Qld.

The fact that the kids are playing in the background would / could make it difficult to prove anything. By that I mean set lines per angler.

What could / should be the protocol here in these situations ???

It really makes me sad.

Cheers,
Pam

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 309
  • Liked: 34
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Baroon Pocket Dam
Re: What can we do ???
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:12:00 AM »
You mean they are setting lines legally for the number of people there, but its not all of them fishing?

Dunno why you would bother with more than legal number of lines in the fresh, your allowed 6 lines, even thats hard to manage unless the fishing is dead quiet.

Mind you it is a hard call with kids around. Wouldn't be the first time the kids lost interest whilst fishing leaving me holding the rods so to speak. Even to the point where they expect you to wander around rebaiting, but insist on winding in "their fish" should one be silly enough to commit suicide, or screaming blue murder if you wind "their line" in when you get sick of it.

I've always wondered when it becomes a set line and requires tagging.
If you've got 2 or 3 lines in front of you within arms reach, probably not (or at least I hope not thats how I bank fish one line left one line straight out in front and the other line right, all lines on sticks withing reach in front of my stool.) But once you start spreading them around up and down the bank, I would assume they would. Perhaps that would be how Fisheries would nail them, incorrect or no tagging.

Offline Member

• Fish Restocker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 497
  • -Receive: 405
  • Liked: 22
  • Show me the Unicorn
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »
Pam

I know where you live mate so my reply is to take up smoking and do a paddle past and shorten the line with your smoke

Offline Member

• Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Receive: 1295
  • Liked: 88
  • Sweetwater Fishing Australia
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: Connors River
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 11:24:48 PM »
Set lines need to be attended.

There's a difference in set lines............
For lines tied to trees & if there's nobody around, I cut the line. If there is someone in the vicinity I flick the line up over the branch & keep going.

I think it ifs a fishing rod sitting in a forked stick it's probably attended...not many people would leave a rod down at the local ribba would they? Well not if they didn't expect it to get knocked off..

Cheers,

fitz..

Offline Member

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 20
  • Liked: 1
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
This is gunna be a hard one.  8 lines in a row in ground spikes but within the prescribed distance. 2 kids playing in the background ( 50 + metres away showing no interest whatsoever)

There can't be too many cod left in this natural watercourse so he has to be targeting Tandans or perhaps the few remaining goldens or silvers.

I was in the local tackle shop ( new owners ) a few weeks back and a guy came in asking for frozen prawns ( w-h-a-t ?). I felt like saying go to Woolies mate but bit my lip. He reckoned that he could only catch catfish on worms .
(Yeah mate that 's because there is nothing else left cause of people like you)
And  and ... there won't be any catfish left either by the way things are going.

This is a natural watercourse that WAS stocked for a number of years. Nada left now.

Perhaps I should step off my soap box now before I play Deliverance on my pretend banjo.
Ahhh ...ha.  Now i know how to scare him ......    .play deliverance on my saxophone  :walkplank :walkplank :walkplank

Offline Member

• Lure Maker
  • Legend Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 414
  • -Receive: 233
  • Liked: 27
  • hunter
  • View Gallery
  • Favourite Fishing Spot is: oh somewhere out near the border ranges ....
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 09:09:12 PM »
I think Fitzy has the right idea. Its a sad time not knowing what to do.
I have no real answers so good luck whatever comes of it.

Steve

Upcoming Events, Fishing Competitions, Shows, Expos etc.....

Upcoming Events